Day Off

The first week of classes went off without a hitch. Y/N was working on a new paint job for Grace. Ozpin had given him permission to use one of the bullhead hangers to store and repair Grace. I meanwhile was sharpening my sword. Then team RWBY showed up. "Hey guys" Yang called. We both looked up. Y/N looked up, gave a casual salute, then went back to work. I put my sword on my back, got up and walked over to them. Ruby ran forward and gave me a hug. Ever since our little talk we've grown close. I've helped her with her homework and she's helped me with not being so socially awkward. She and Weiss seemed to have settled their differences, which I was happy for. "What's up?" I asked. Yang answered. "We were going to head into town and came to see if you guys wanted to come." "Yeah sure. I'd love to. Hey Y/N," I shouted. He looked up. "You wanna go into Vale?" "Sure. Just give me a couple minutes to finish this up" he replied. He went back to painting. I sighed. "He gets so focused when it comes to Grace." We all laughed. A bit later he hopped down and headed towards us. He had some paint on his fingers. "Alright. I'm ready."

After I put on my hoodie we went to the air docks and boarded a bullhead. "So what's the plan girls?" Y/N asked. Ruby answered. "A bit of everything. I wanna go to the bakery. Weiss wants to go shopping for clothes. Blake wants to hit up the library, and Yang wants the arcade." "Sounds like a busy day" I said.  "Yeah. We might split up so that everyone can do what they want." Said Yang. "I was thinking that we could split into our partnerships. That way we can get to know our partners better." Said Weiss. "Oh, and Krystal and Y/N can choose which partnership they want to go with!" Ruby almost shouted. We laughed at her excitment. "Sounds good to me" Y/N said. "So who do you want to go with?" He asked. I thought for a moment then saw Ruby staring at me with a hopeful expression. "If you don't mind I'll go with Ruby and Weiss." I said, a little shyly, much to Ruby's delight. "I don't mind" said Y/N. "I've been meaning to find some new books to read anyways, so the library sounds fun." The bullhead landed and we went our separate ways after agreeing to meet at a cafe when we were done.

We headed to the bakery first. Mainly because Ruby dragged us there. I was starting to feel nervous. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to go to a bakery. "Oh I can't wait for you guys to try all of my favorites! They're so good. You would love the lemon bars Kry-" she stopped. Her face turned red. I was looking down. "Ugh, you dolt. That was really insensitive." Weiss scolded. "No it's ok." I said. My voice portrayed the sadness though. "Don't get me wrong. It's hard. But it's ok." Ruby stepped towards me. "I'm sorry Krystal. I didn't mean to make you sad." Then Weiss spoke up "You weren't always a simulacrum, were you?" I shook my head. "A couple years ago there was an accident. In the end I had to choose to either live a life highly disabled, with only a few years to live. Or to become what you see now. I'm mostly used to it. But there are times when I..." my voice cracked. If I could cry I would be doing so. "Ever since the procedure I've had to get used to a new life. A new body. It was hell for my emotions. Still is honestly." They looked at eachother. I couldn't meet there gaze. Then they hugged me. Both of them. Ruby I expected it. But not from Weiss. I looked at them and they were both smiling. "I can't pretend to know what that's like," said Ruby. "But if you ever need to talk about it, then we're here for you." "Yeah," said Weiss. My sadness and nervousness disappeared, and was replaced by warmth. I hugged them back. "Thanks guys" I said. "Of course. We are friends after all." Said Weiss. We broke the hug and Ruby said "y'know, I can always go to the bakery another time." I looked at her. She had a small smile. I knew that if I didn't want to go she wouldn't force me to. But I dont want to stop her from going. "Its ok. We can go." She looked surprised. "Are you sure?" Weiss asked. I nodded. "I wasn't earlier, but you guys made me feel a lot better about it." We kept on towards the bakery.

After watching Ruby drag Krystal and Weiss to the bakery, me Blake and Yang went to the library. There was a decent amount of people there. Me and Blake scanned the book shelves, while Yang followed us looking rather bored. "Hey Blake, you got any recommendations for me?" I asked. She thought for a moment. "Umm, this is a good one," she said, pulling a book out and handing it to me. The cover read "The Man with Two Souls." I had heard about this book but never really got the chance to read it. "Sounds great." I said. "Oh yeah. Reeeeaaaal great" Yang said sarcastically. "Quiet you." Blake said. "But this is so boring." I laughed. "Dont worry Yang. We'll only be here for a couple more minutes. Then I'm gonna beat your ass at Battle Buddies. I said grinning. She smiled fiercely. "Bring it on!" She shouted. "Sssshhhh!" We all laughed quietly.

After Ruby sampled almost all of the treats at the bakery, and bought some to share with her team and and Y/N, we headed to the mall so Weiss could go shopping. When we got there I got some strange looks. Nothing I wasn't used to. It's not every day you see a robot girl wearing a hoodie. We went to the clothing department and Weiss started browsing. Me and Ruby sat down on a bench. She looked bored. "Not much of a girly girl?" I asked. She laughed. "No. I'm more of a weapony fighty girl. If we were in a dust shop or something I would be unstoppable." I chuckled. "What about you?" She asked. "I used to be. Before the accident. But now I only wear my hoodie and the school uniform." Weiss came over with a couple of skirts in her arms. "I'm going to go try these on" she said. "Mind being my fashion judges?" "Not at all" I said. She went into the dressing room as Ruby and I waited outside. We chatted about some stuff. Weapons, fighting styles. She was really curious about my sword, and how I got it to channel electricity. I told her I would explain it another time. It's a secret I dont share often. Weiss came out and we critiqued the skirt. She looked good in it. After she tried on all the skirts and decided which one she was going to buy, we headed out. But on the way I saw a black hoodie. I went to look at it. And liked what I saw. "Hey guys, would you mind if I tried this on?" I asked. They both said I should do it. I went to a dressing room and changed hoodies.

I came out

I came out. "What do you guys think?" I asked shyly. "You look great" said Ruby. "Yeah it really fits you." Weiss added. "Thanks. I just wish I could buy it." I said. I saw their confused looks. "Oh. I dont have any money." I said, looking at the ground. "I spent it all a couple years ago to buy tools and spare parts..." Weiss immediately offered to buy it for me. "Oh you dont have to do that. It's really no big deal." I said. "Nonsense. Consider it a thanks for helping me help Ruby with her homework." I thought for a minute. "O-ok. If you're sure..." Weiss smiled. Of course I'm sure." We paid for the clothes and started walking to the cafe. If I could I'd be grinning from ear to ear. There was a new spring in my step. No pun intended.

We finished up at the library and headed to the arcade. As we were walking, me and Yang were trash talking eachother. We got there and saw that it was busy. Like really busy. Like a line out the door busy. I recognized some of the people there from Beacon. Guess we weren't the only wants who had the idea of taking a field day. "Well that sucks" Yang commented. "No kidding" I said. Man, I was looking forward to playing some games. With all the training I've been doing to prepare for Beacons initiation, I haven't had a lot of free time in the past few months. "I'm sorry guys, but I'm not waiting in that line." Blake said. "Yeah that doesn't seem to be that fun" Yang added. "Agreed" I finished. We started heading to the cafe. Then Yang said "oh I know. Why dont you and Krystal come to our dorm and we can play some video games there?" I nodded. "Sounds fun. I'm sure Krystal would think that to." Yang grinned. "Sounds like a plan." We arrived at the cafe and saw that the others were already there, each sipping on their own drink. Well except for Krystal. They waved when they saw us. We sat down and started talking about how our days went. Krystal was excited to show me her new hoodie. And Ruby shared a bunch of treats with everyone. All in all it was a pretty good day.