(27) Always goes wrong

Mulai dari awal

"Not again. Just give me a second." She says, walking off to the side to answer the call, "Simon, this is really not a good time."

Clary argues slightly with Simon, clearly trying to calm him down and make sure he's ok. Whatever happened must've been serious, considering Clary looked a little concerned.

However, mid-way through the conversation, a irritated Jace rushes over and takes the phone from her hand, slamming it shut, hanging up on him.

"Hey—"

"That could've been important, he could be in trouble" I sneer, annoyance filling me at Jace's asshole behaviour. Simon was in trouble once, who knows if he needs our help again.

"Simon's little problem can wait." Jace mutters, pocketing Clary's phone.

"I've got a plan" Jace states, ignoring what I said.

Dick.

"Oh, there's a first." Clary scoffs, rolling her eyes.

"Just follow my lead." Jace orders, a sarcastic smile on his face "Oh, and don't worry, in my plan, no one gets slapped." He states, looking poignantly at Clary, who merely scoffs in reply.

"She slapped you?" Alec asks, a look of confusion and slight irritation on his face, the look ten folding as Jace nods, side eyeing Clary.

"Good job, Risa. I hope it hurt like a bitch" I say, a devious smirk on my face aimed right at Jace.

***

"Here we are again, being the distractions" Alec complains, a bitter expression covering his face as he, Izzy and I walk into the NYC precinct, needing to find a way to the back.

"Well, if I recall properly it wasn't that bad last time" I say, a nostalgic smile on my face as I remember how we fought off the vampires.

My first fight and it already felt like a life time ago.

"Yeah, I guess being the distraction last time wasn't as bad as I had anticipated" Alec mutters, his eyes monetarily meeting mine, a small smile gracing his lips as we glance almost longingly at one another.

It was obvious the kiss we shared had changed things between us, things felt better and more open. Yet at the same time I felt like it was all a big secret and even looking at each other like this was going to blow the whole thing.

I awkwardly cough and turn my gaze from him, whilst doing so I see his expression drop, probably not anticipating me to pull away from a moment like that.

Not that I exactly wanted to.

"So, I'm guessing you're the distraction" I say chirpily to Izzy, my eyes meeting hers as she smiles, shaking her head in a modest manner.

"Nope. I've decided to grow up, remember? No more distracting for me."

I sigh, internally saddened by Izzy's change. It wasn't just the fact she was wearing 'modest' clothing, or that her hair was in a pony tail, it was the fact she felt she had to change who was in order to fit into her mothers mould.

I wished she could see how perfect she already was.

"Oh well, we can find another way in" I mutter quickly, trying to move past Izzy only to be quickly stopped and pushed back.

Oh no.

"Not so fast Fairchild," Izzy taunts, "You're up, and look he's pretty cute too"

Instinctively my eyes travel in the direction Izzy points and just as she says, he is pretty cute. The police officer at the desk was around 25, brown hair, brown eyes and had very pretty, baby like features.