(57) Alone

The blood falls in uneven flows from the grate above our heads, pooling thickly onto the concrete floor

"Demon ichor" I grimace, watching as Izzy bends down to examine the nearly black substance, her eyes narrowing down the corridor of the utility storage.

"It must've come through here after the kill upstairs," Izzy says, standing up, her hands brushing down her knees as she pulled her whip from its holder.

We continue our walk through the path, the only sounds heard were the wafts of wind and Izzy and I's heels against the floor.

I smile softly looking at Clary's converses.

"So" Izzy drawls looking over at Clary and me, "Idris huh?".

I scoff, chuckling lightly "Does the institute have a group chat that we're unaware of or what?" I ask rhetorically, dodging the question. Clary keeps her eyes glued forward, unease rolling off of her.

"You live in this place long enough, you know everything," Izzy says, her eyes lifting pointedly to me and I sigh, shaking my head.

"I'm still figuring that out... any chance there's a rune that lets you be in two places at once?" Clary asks, sarcasm dripping from her tone as she kicks rocks down the corridor floor.

"I wish" Izzy exhaled, her face falling as she took Clary and me in.

"Thought you girls were New Yorkers, tried and true" Izzy questions, smirking at us.

"Our mother wants us to go with her and after all, we went through to get her back, I just... I don't know" Clary huffs, and I stay beside her silent, watching Izzy as she comes to a stop before us.

"At least you have a mom who wants to be with you. Who think you're smart and wonderful-"

"Who erased our memories and lied to us about our father and brother" I finish sardonically, gritting my teeth.

"I'm not saying she didn't make mistakes" Izzy reasons "but moms do that. So maybe you should just be glad you have one who wants to try and make things right".

I huff, guilt riddling me as I remember how Maryse lightwood treats her daughter.

"So, you think we should go?" Clary asks in surprise.

"Of course not" Izzy scoffs, grinning as she walks backwards "No one in Idris is going to teach you how to fight in five-inch heels" She winks, making us laugh.

"Cam?" Clary says, looking expectantly at me. I raise my eyes, frowning as I contemplate.

" I love you and I love mom and I want us to be a family, that's what we've been fighting for." I say slowly, "But what about Jace?"

The question catches Clary off guard.

"We find out we have a brother and then leave? After already missing 18 years with him?" I ask rhetorically, and Clary nods in agreement. "And Simon?" I question, panic rising. Clary sighs, knowing that leaving him would be devastating.