(55) Shattering

"Alec, for the love of God, will you please just go to sleep?"

My eyes snap to Alec's looming figure, standing over the table that Izzy, Clary, and I reside at in the middle of the Ops Centre. We were currently going over plans to help Jace.

"I'm fine" He dismisses, leaning his palms forwards. I roll my eyes, something that isn't missed by Izzy, who chuckles at me.

Alec was doing better, thankfully.

Once we portalled back to the Institute he'd gone to his room and showered and when he came back out, he was back to looking like himself. My eyes unconsciously lift past his grey sweats and a white t-shirt to his face, taking in the chiselled features and his intense eyes, I shift my gaze to his hair, still slightly damp and looking so soft.

I wanted to run my hands through them.

"Cam?"

I snap my attention back to Clary, sighing as I take my surroundings back in. Luckily, no one seems to notice where my mind went, and I nod, indicating I'm listening.

"I'm going to go to the Silent City tomorrow, talk to Jace and see what he says. But he needs to know that we're going to do whatever we can" Clary says, and I nod in agreement.

"I could go- "Alec starts.

"The only place you are going is to bed" I scold, narrowing my eyes up at him, "To rest, since you know, you nearly died!" I exclaim though Alec scoffs, brushing off the words as if they meant nothing.

"I'm f- "

"If you say you're fine one more time, I'm going to kick you in the dick" I warn, and I can't help the smirk that comes over my face at the way Alec's expression pales, fear filling his eyes.

"That sounds pretty counterproductive to yourself, Cam" Izzy mutters, winking, Clary bursting into laughter at her insinuation. Alec chuckles as he watches me, noting the redness of my cheeks and the way my breath hitches.

"Shut up" I grumble, pushing out the chair and standing up.

"When did I become the target of all this bullying?" I pout "It used to be Alec." Alec merely smirks, coming beside me to wrap an arm around my waist.

"I did nearly just die," He says frowning, "You'd subject me to ridicule as well?".

"No," I say, sickly sweet as I place one hand on his face, pulling him closer, "Though I would subject you to your damn bed!" I push him back when he's within an inch of my face, a pointed scowl on my face.

Alec's face falls from a grin, and he shakes his head in agreement. "Fine" He sighs, "I'll go to bed". The sentence comes out like torture, and I can't help the giggle that escapes me.

"Poor baby" I tease, walking to stand in front of Alec. "You want me to tuck you in?" I ask, jokingly, though Alec's firm grip on my waist swiftly halts my laughter.