(14) As funny as Ebola

I was rushing hazardously through the institute, my pace swift and hurried as I attempted to reach the entrance as quickly as possible, and upon hearing Clary's yell I knew I wasn't too late

I was rushing hazardously through the institute, my pace swift and hurried as I attempted to reach the entrance as quickly as possible, and upon hearing Clary's yell I knew I wasn't too late. Izzy had just informed me that Simon was leaving, which obviously was a terrible idea, thus the reason why I was basically sprinting to where the others where to talk him out of it.

We just got him back, and now he wanted to leave?

I think the fuck not.

"Simon, what are you doing?" I sigh, my pace slowing down as I reach a distressed Clary and frustrated Simon who was being blocked by not only Clary but by Jace too.

Though I had a feeling Jace's presence wasn't making the situation better.

"I already told Isabelle; they can't keep me prisoner here." He seethes out, yet again attempting to push past Clary, who unfortunately for him was stood cemented in place, and I quickly joined her, my face completely baffled.

What the hell did he mean prisoner?

"Prisoner?" Clary exasperated but Simon had already walked off leaving us to swiftly run after him, something was clearly wrong and we had to help, he would do the same for us any time, any day.

"Wait, what Simon! Where are you going?" I asked as we followed behind him, he was now closer to the dome that overpassed the main hallways entrance and we knew we had to intercept him before he got there.

"I'm going home, Cam. And if you haven't already completely drunk their Kool-Aid, - then you're coming with me." He implores, his eyes pleading as he stares hopefully at us and my heart sinks, I wanted to make this easier for him but I couldn't, I didn't even know where to start.

"You know we can't, Si."

"Yes, you can, it's not safe here." He begged, his hands coming up to clasp mine and Clary's and I frown his exclamations seeming very un-Simon like.

"In fact, this is the safest place they could possibly be." Jace adds, his voice stoic and expression bored and from the look of seething anger on Simon's face I could see that his words were aggravating Simon even more. I quickly move forwards and step between them, knowing that things could get rough.

Male egos and all that.

"You don't get to talk to me, Captain America." Simon exclaims, laughing hollowly as Clary desperately attempts to push him back and talk some sense into him. "Considering I'm the guy with the weapons, I get to say what I want" Jace smirks, his expression mocking and I glare harshly at him.

He didn't need to add salt to the wound.

"Okay, come at me, bro! "Simon yells, his body striding aggressively towards Jace with his arms wide, accepting the challenge as Jace merely smirks, amused by the situation.

"Oh, yeah?"

"Hey! Both of you stop it and put your dicks away, this macho, alpha male bullshit is embarrassing!" I scold, pushing Simon further back whilst glancing once at Jace with a glower, he merely steps back with his hands raised at my warning and I nod turning back.