(44) Crazy

Home

Home.

That's what having his lip against mine felt like. It felt like home.

I automatically close my eyes as I feel his hands roughly grab my waist, my mind barely able to comprehend what was happening as his lips pressed against mine, so sure and unwavering. Unconsciously, my hands raise to hold him closer, one pressed gently against his jaw while the other gripped the lapel of his blazer, my mind spinning as our lips moved in sync.

He kissed me like words were no longer needed, as if words could not possibly express how he felt in that moment. It was just me and him, no people, no distractions, nothing, as if time itself had stopped to allow us this moment of pure peace and connection.

We pulled apart, momentarily, taking in sharp breaths in disbelief as we gazed at one another, staring as if within seconds the other would disappear and it would just be a dream. Warmth blossomed in my heart, sparks igniting through me as Alec sighed in content, his eyes closing before he leaned in once again, his lips brushing against mine for a soft moment before he pulled himself away.

The loss of his lips against mine made me feel cold, though by the protective grip of his hands on my waist and the deep and dark stare of his azure eyes, I knew that he wouldn't be leaving me anytime soon.

Leaning my forehead breathlessly against Alec's, I sigh, our bodies pressed against one an another and our lips inches apart. "Your crazy, Alec lightwood, absolutely crazy" I whisper, with bated breath, my heart hammering in my chest, my conscious fearing that he would pull away any moment now, realising that this was some huge mistake.

That he would realise I was a mistake.

But to my surprise he doesn't pull away, but instead laughs, his lips quirking up in a side smile, his right hand moving the wild pieces of hair from my face as he watches me. "You make me crazy, Camilla, but I don't think I'm against being crazy for you anymore" He mutters back, and I can't help the chuckle that escapes me, an equally as dazed smile gracing my own face.

Maybe we're both crazy.

Alec inhales sharply, his eyes taking in the crowd behind me and he exhales out harrowingly, the breaths coming out as deep and jagged puffs, the realisation of where we were dragging us back to reality. I stare nervously as Alec's head shifts to the right, to look at his mother.

To see how badly he might have fucked up.

The silence within the room was deafening as my gaze tentatively follows his, and upon seeing the rage and disappointment painted across Maryse's stoic face, I frown, squeezing Alec's arms reassuringly, knowing that her anger would hurt him. My eyes impulsively close for a moment as she huffs a furious breath out, before storming away, barely acknowledging Alec and I, or anyone else, and moments later, we watch as Robert swiftly follows after her.