10. Anything but an Angel

Nate and Angel were back together, they had decided to give the boyfriend, girlfriend thing another try

    Nate and Angel were back together, they had decided to give the boyfriend, girlfriend thing another try. It had been a week since the whole Carnival thing passed, so they'd been officially together for a week. Nate and Angel sat in the back of the class together, holding hands between the desks. 
     They had no idea how royally their day was about to get fucked. But when a police officer came to their class, they paid no mind to it. 

     But what had happened was, that morning, Maddy went to school. And Maddy's first class was intro to calc in room 202, which unfortunately was in the upper left wing of the school. And she was dressed like the Unabomber, But if it was a normal day, Maddy would have just taken off her hoodie. But since Nate choked her, the bruise was now at peak and highly noticeable. 

Maddy would wake up three hours early to apply more concealer than a burn victim, Angel hadn't shared her secret to hiding bruises. 

   "Mr. Jacobs, Mrs. Rivers, could you two please come with me." Principal Hayes asked. The two teens gave each other a look. 

    "What?" Nate laughed. 

"You two, with me." The two got, up, still holding hands. That's when they noticed the two other officers. 

     "You wanna tell me what the problem is?" Nate frowned, pulling Angel closer to him. 

     "Don't worry. We will, Mrs. Rivers if you'll come with us." 

"W-What?" Angel asked nervously. 

         "It's only for a few minutes." 

"She has severe anxiety-" Nate started. 

      "Her mom's going to be there." The officer stated. Nate and Angel shared a look. She slowly let go of Nate's hand, following the officers. 
    The directed her into one of the smaller rooms in the officer, her mom sitting at the table. "Hi, Angel, I'm detective Riley." 

      "Uh, hi." She frowned as she sat down. "What am i doing here? What's going on?" 

     "There has been... allegations that Nate Jacobs was seen choking his ex-girlfriend, Madeleine Perez." She said slowly. Angel furrowed her brows, but deep inside her stomach dropped. "People who were asked said that you and Nate were together that night. Can you tell us what happened?" Angel let out a laugh, looking away. "Angel, you can tell us the truth, he can't hurt you." 
     Angel tilted her head, shaking her head. "Has Nate ever hurt you?" 

     "What?" She scoffed. 

"People have said that they've seen bruises on your arms."