||Prolouge||

Angels mom was a G, she had gotten rid of her abuser, her ex-husband, Elias. Making her life much better for her daughter and herself.

Quinn Rivers wiped her tears after the cops had taken Elias away, she closed the door, listening to the silence in the house. She sighed, walking down the hall. She stopped at the last door in the hall, putting her ear to the door, listening to the soft cries of her fourteen year old daughter, Angel.
Quinn opened the door slowly, seeing the blonde teen sitting against the wall, hugging a pillow tightly. She walked over, pulling her daughter closer to her, hugging her tightly.

"He's gone, he's not coming back. I promise." She whispered.

"You said that last time." She mumbled, not looking at her mother.

But Angel was smart, when people asked about her dad, she stayed silent. Being the daughter of a narcissist and a grade-a asshole, you pick up the habits and the worst parts of it. Meaning, Angel knew how to shut people up.

"Hey, I heard your dad went to jail." Angel stared straight forward, rolling her eyes. "What for? Drugs? Murder? Ra-"

"Shut the fuck up." Angel snapped, her icy blue eyes glaring at the boy sat at the other end of the table. "Maybe you should worry about the fact that your girlfriends fucking some other dude and not me."

The boys face dropped, his eyes falling to the desk, not saying anything else. Angel smirked, placing her chin in her palm.

Angel hadn't heard much of or from her dad since he was taken. And she didn't mind that. She lived her life like a normal teenager, or the closest she could get to normal. Parties, sleepovers, going out and sneaking out.
That's when she became the envy of every other girl in her grade and under. Straight A student, beautiful beyond compare and good hearted... when she wanted.
Everything was going good in her life, but at the age of fifteen, she met her step-father, her then mother's boyfriend, Will.

Angel huffed, hitting the last step onto the main floor. She had been moving boxes into the basement, which would be her new room, and she was exhausted. She froze in her spot, seeing a man in her living room, and a girl around her age or a year older.

"What... the fuck?" Angel muttered. Quinn walked out from the hall, her face falling seeing Angels stunned face, the blondes eyes moving over to her mothers. She was mentally putting the pieces of what she already knew what was going on, together.

     "Angel..."

"No fucking way..." she said shaking her head. "This guy? This is the guy you sneak off at 2 am to go see?" She huffed. No one said anything for a minute and she shook her head.

       "I'm William." He said after a minute, a small smile on his face. Angel just stared at him, nodding. "And this is Reina." He pointed to the then brunette that stood behind him, arms crossed.

      "Angel." She said quickly. "I'm just gonna..." she pointed to the basement, walking back down the stairs. Half angry at her mother, half happy.

Angels mom blamed herself for a lot, Angel acting out, her drug use, and especially, her overdose.

          Angel stared at the ceiling, her eyes blinking, adjusting to the bright white light of the hospital room. She took a deep breath, her eyes searching around the room, seeing her then best friend sitting in one hospital chair, asleep. Her head lolled to the other side, seeing her mother sitting in another, dried streams of tears on her face.
    She took a shaky breath, looking up at the ceiling, tears silently streaming down her face. She was angry and she was hurt and she realized she had hurt the people she loved most.

        She was angry she had let herself get so bad, she was angry at her mother for being there, but she would have been even angrier if her mother wasn't there. She was hurt because they had caused this, everything was too much at once, but she had caused it as well. It was all mixed emotions and she was tired.

And being so tired is what led her here, her recent overdose, the result of a break up she wasn't prepared for. Something that ripped her heart out, and shoved it right back in.