| 48 |

the next day came, and everything was finally all back to normal.

well, sort of, haeyoung thought. it was still odd knowing that she had a brother, and it just felt overwhelming for haeyoung.

in addition, haeyoung was also brought to the office after the principal talked to yiren and sua, and apparently both of their parents were called, too.

"hey, hae!" dongpyo said. "guess what?"

"what?" haeyoung asked with a smile.

"there's no more yiren."

"what?" haeyoung repeated the word, but this time with a different tone. "what do you mean?"

"you know yiren's father is really rich, right?" dongpyo said, "well, he cared too much about his own image and after hearing the news about yiren bullying a junior, also known as you, he was embarrassed and sent her to another school for the rest of the semester."

"oh," haeyoung said. "so like, her father was scared of people finding out he's the father of a bitch? nice."

"uh, more or less!" dongpyo said. "and also, sua's suspended for a few days."

"how'd you know, anyway?" haeyoung asked.

dongpyo sighed. "well, everyone knows. it's in our batch's group chat. you never check it."

"ehh..." haeyoung said, shrugging. they continued walking into the school and stopped by their lockers. while they were taking their things out, a familiar figure passed them.

"hey, eunsang!" dongpyo said, waving. but then, they both felt an unfamiliar vibe surrounding the three of them. it was different from the usual, happy, relaxed aura of eunsang, it was just... weird.

what's even weirder is that eunsang didn't look back when dongpyo greeted him, and he just continued walking out of their sights. dongpyo and haeyoung looked at each other, confused.

"is it just me or did eunsang just ignore us?" dongpyo asked.

"maybe he just didn't hear you." haeyoung assured.

"hm, maybe." dongpyo said before continuing to use his locker.

yeah, maybe.

once classes started, haeyoung felt something really off with eunsang. he wasn't as energetic as before, and it seemed like he wasnt himself. him and haeyoung havenmt talked yet, since once haeyoung got settled in her seat, the teacher arrived almost a second later.

i hope nothing wrong happened. haeyoung thought, worried.

in between classes, when the teacher hasn't arrived, haeyoung would always get up to try to talk to him, but eunsang would always put his head down, stopping haeyoung.

however, after a couple more times of that happening, haeyoung couldn't handle seeing eunsang in that state anymore. while the class ended but the next teacher hasn't arrived, she stood up walking to eunsang. before he could put his head down, haeyoung called his name.

"eunsang," haeyoung said. eunsang looked up at her, a small grin on his face.

"yeah?"

"are you okay? actually, scratch that, it's obvious that you're not yourself today." haeyoung asked. "what's wrong?"

"oh- um," the boy seemed a little flustered by her question. "i'm okay, don't worry! i just stayed up late last night because of a busy schedule."