| 25 |

[imagine this photo in the situation below :D yas we stan predebut eunsang]

haeyoung's eyes widened as eunsang pulled her close in a tight hug, puzzled of what was happening. why is eunsang hugging me? she asked herself as she was just frozen in shock in eunsang's arms.

even though this wasn't the first time eunsang hugged her, she was still surprised; even more surprised than the other times that he hugged her. this time felt different, it was as if it lit a spark of light and warmth inside haeyoung's body.

"h-how did you know?" haeyoung said in a stutter, as eunsang pulled away from her. she looked down, ashamed to show her face, that was just crying, to the boy in front of her.

"my mom works in the same hospital you've been in. when you were walking in, she noticed you." eunsang replied.

"how did she notice me? i haven't even seen your mom before." haeyoung replied.

"remember when you always used to go to that bakery near school? the one you went with that yohan guy?" eunsang said.

"yeah..."

"i also told you my aunt runs the bakery, right? my mom often goes to visit my aunt and often sees you. if i'm not mistaken, you used to go there after school, and she sees you in our school uniform, and i guess she noticed you when you walked in the hospital." eunsang said.

haeyoung nodded. "why did you want to meet up at 2AM? aren't you tired?" she said, avoiding eye contact.

eunsang looked at haeyoung. "look at me." he said. haeyoung hesitated, before looking up at him, her bangs and mask still covering her face.

eunsang brushed the hair off her face, revealing her swollen eyes. "have you been crying?"

"n-no..." she lied, still avoiding eye contact. "it's because i just woke up."

"c'mon, you don't have to lie to me," he said. "but if you don't want to open up, i'm fine."

"what's the point of opening up when you already know the situation?" haeyoung said, looking away.

"because i want to help you," eunsang said. "but i don't want to pressure you and stress you even more."

"you already know the problem, eunsang. i don't have to tell you." haeyoung said.

eunsang sighed. "okay, fine. i'll just cheer you up, c'mon." 

eunsang took her by the hand, and he started running out the park, haeyoung following.

"slow... down... i'm going to... trip!" haeyoung said, dodging lamp posts and garbage bins.

"sorry!" eunsang said. he slowed down a bit, making haeyoung sigh in relief.

"why are we even running?!" haeyoung asked.

"so you'd be distracted from what happened today! it also boosts your energy!" eunsang said, a huge smile on his face.

luckily for them, it was literally the middle of the night and no one was at the streets. just a few cars here and there, but at least they weren't running in the middle of the day wherein people would think eunsang was forcefully making her run.