| 13 |

"that was eunsang?!" haeyoung said, shocked. dongpyo and wonjin told her that it was eunsang's shoulder her head was laying on.

"yeah, you didn't know?" wonjin asked.

"i thought it was dongpyo? i didn't even know sua and eunsang were there!" haeyoung said.

"yeah, sua left eunsang with mingyu and yiren, then eunsang found us, so..." dongpyo said.

haeyoung was mentally face-palming herself. this is so embarrassing! oh well, who cares, she thought, the past is the past.

"what date is it today?" dongpyo asked, looking at his messages.

"it's october 4th. why?" wonjin asked.

"oh, hey! my birthday is coming up." haeyoung said.

"when's your birthday?" wonjin asked.

"october 26." haeyoung said. "anyway, why did you ask, dongpyo?"

"oh, looks like you're having another basketball game on the day after your birthday." dongpyo said, showing the messages from the sophomore year's group chat.

"what? let me see." haeyoung said, snatching dongpyo's phone away from him. she scrolled up, and saw a message sent by the basketball coach.

"the basketball team will gather ten of their best players from both the girls' and the boys' team to form one team, and will be competing against namsan high school, on october 27, 2018, saturday. other details will be discussed with the chosen players privately." the coach said, on the chat.

"excuse me, pyo, but it clearly says 'best players on both the girls' and boys' team'." haeyoung said.

"yeah, but like, you're literally the best player on the team." dongpyo said.

haeyoung shrugged and chuckled. "thanks."

"hold on, when's your birthday?" wonjin asked.

"october 26." haeyoung said.

"oh, isn't that eunsang's birthday, too?" wonjin said.

"i don't know, why would i care?" haeyoung said.

"chill. anyway, the bell's gonna ring in like, thirty seconds so..." wonjin said.

"all right. bye." haeyoung said, walking over to her first class of the day.

haeyoung sighed as she looked at the clock. i hate school. she thought. the whole day, she couldn't focus on anything. there was always something distracting her, and she didn't know why.

on the bright side, ten minutes left until school ends. but on the not-so bright side, a basketball team meeting was going to be held, making her plan of going back home delayed.

the meeting is probably about the basketball game on the 27th. she thought. she was deep in thought until the teacher said something that caught her attention.

"all right, ten minutes left, so we're gonna stop our lesson here." the teacher said. "we'll finish our lesson tomorrow, and then we'll also hopefully start our next lesson tomorrow, too."

"what's the next lesson about?" a student asked out of curiosity.

"we're gonna talk about the 2008 namdaemun fire. actually, on monday, we're gonna have one of the firefighters that fought the fire visit us and document us about what happened."