| 05 |

"you should get the poop-emoji shaped popsicle." wonjin said to haeyoung, pointing to the poop-emoji shaped popsicle. haeyoung gave wonjin a 'why?' look. "it looks just like you."

haeyoung put her hand to her chest. "excuse me?" she said, acting hurt.

"ya, hyung, that's too mean." dongpyo said, putting his hands on his waist and pouting.

"geez, chill, i'm just kidding." wonjin said.

they ended up buying three cup noodles and three coned-ice creams for each of them, and dongpyo paid for it all. they sat down on the seats in the store, and started eating the food.

"wow dongpyo, since when did you get this nice?" haeyoung said.

"i don't know." dongpyo said, slurping on his noodles.

"how 'bout you, wonjin? when will you ever be nice?" haeyoung teasingly said.

"in ten years? maybe longer." wonjin replied.

the convenience store bell thing chimed, meaning someone came in. the three students were chatting, until a voice spoke.

"oh hey, guys!" said a familiar voice. haeyoung recognized the voice; it was kim mingyu's.

the three friends slowly turned to the two boys in unison, as mingyu and eunsang were just waving their hands.

"uhm, hi." wonjin said, waving awkwardly.

"you're here, too? what a coincidence!" mingyu said.

haeyoung took a deep breath. seriously, they have to be here, too? why do they have to be everywhere?

"mind if we hang out with you? we're kinda hungry, too." mingyu said, as eunsang nodded in agreement.

"uh, sure." wonjin said. mingyu and eunsang smiled as they picked out their snacks, and after paying for the snacks they went over to the table the three friends were sitting at. they all had some small talk while eating their snacks.

the weekend passed again, and monday came. the results of the tryouts were going to be revealed, and haeyoung couldn't wait.

she walked to school a bit earlier than usual, because one; she didn't want to spend money on the bus, and two; she wanted to be early to see the results. if she came in later than 7:30, she knew that the board with the results of the tryouts would be flooded by students, and she didn't want to drown in the sea of students.

she arrived at school at around 7:15, and immediately headed to the bulletin board where the school posts announcements. she looked for the tryout results, and found the one for the girls' team.

she gasped as she saw what was written on the paper. "small forward: kwon haeyoung" suddenly, she heard slow claps from behind her. she turned around, and didn't like who she saw.

"lee hangyul." she said, facing him.

"congrats on making the team, haeyoung." he said.

she looked back at the bulletin board, but this time at the boys' team. "small forward: lee hangyul." it wrote. she looked for mingyu's name, but it wasn't there. instead, there was another small paper on the bottom. "substitute players: cha junho, kim dongbin, kim mingyu"

i guess he kinda made the team... haeyoung thought to herself. 

"do you know that the boys and the girls always have one competition against each other every year?" hangyul asked.

"of course, i know. i'm not new to this school." haeyoung said.

hangyul scoffed. "whatever." he said before walking away.

haeyoung still remembers it as if it was yesterday; the first time she saw hangyul. it was like hate at first sight. why? it's because of his 'annoyingness'. he was even more annoying than wonjin. she knew the moment she saw him that his attitude was like your typical high school f-boy's. and she was right.

hangyul repeated sophomore year, making him older than the other students by one year. he was like those cliché bad boys you would find in movies that would skip class and stuff. and as i said before, the girls either hate him or are head over heels for him.

"nice job, haeyoung." a female's voice said, making haeyoung flinch. she turned around, and was met with a non-familiar face.

"who are you?" haeyoung asked.

"oh, let me introduce myself." she said. "i'm wang yiren."

haeyoung thought for a bit. wang yiren? isn't she the new girl in 3rd year that everyone keeps swooning about?

"o-oh... hi." she said. yiren stuck out her arm, asking for a hand shake. haeyoung accepted it, but had a poker face on, while yiren is smiling.

"okay, i'm gonna get ready for class now." yiren said. "oh, and i'm looking forward on being on the same team as you. you were pretty good last friday."

the same team?! she's on the basketball team?

"you must be shocked," yiren said, chuckling. she must've noticed haeyoung's eyes widening. "i'm the other small forward."

haeyoung checked the paper again. what the heck? how did yiren's name appear beside her's? she was sure it wasn't there a while ago.

haeyoung nodded once. "o-okay, see you around." she said, before walking away, leaving yiren alone.