| 35 |

the next day came in a blink of an eye. haeyoung found herself in a deep depression once again, even after seeing her friends again.

christmas was coming in three days, yet haeyoung didn't feel like it. she felt like the 25th of december was just another ordinary day in her life.

she felt so much more emotions than the days before, including guilt. she just felt so guilty at the thought of her bothering her friends (and anyone, really) with her problems. nothing has changed ever since that day, well, excluding her emotions.

however, she snapped out of her deep trance when she heard knocking on her door. not the front door of her house, though, the knocking literally came from her bedroom door.

she immediately thought three scenarios, did someone break in my house? or maybe it was a ghost? pfft, maybe i'm just hearing things...

and no, she wasn't hearing things. she could prove to herself that she wasn't when more knocks came.

she was afraid to open the door, but curiosity was taking over her mind. once she had the courage to open her door, she saw two people she wasn't expecting.

"dongpyo? wonjin? how the fuck did you break in my house?"

"haeyoung!!" dongpyo said, hugging her tightly.

"yeah, um, we found your spare key... remember you told us where it was?"

"oh, right... behind the loose brick?"

"mhm." dongpyo said.

"anyways, um.." haeyoung let them in before speaking, "sorry, my room's a mess, but what brings you here?"

"we're gonna make you feel better, of course." wonjin said.

"uh, sure."

"we brought you your favorite snacks!" dongpyo said, handing her the bag full of candies and treats.

"wow, thanks." haeyoung said, smiling.

"c'mon, we're gonna have fun." wonjin said, taking her hand.

"what? where?!" haeyoung said, following the two out of their room.

"in your living room!" dongpyo said, as they stepped out her room.

"what the..." haeyoung said in awe, but at the same time confusion. her living room was literally decorated with pillows, blankets, and even some more snacks ready for her and the boys.

"when did you do this?" haeyoung asked. "and who the fuck owns that tv? i know for a fact that i sold my tv a month ago."

"oh, that's dongpyo's cousin's tv. his cousin lives down the street." wonjin said.

"um, ok.. so did you like, steal it?"

"what? no! why would we steal a tv?" wonjin said.

"ok..."

"we prepared some movies, too." dongpyo said. "and the tv has netflix, too!"

"wait, wait, wait, so you're telling me, for the past few hours you were doing all this in my living room? without me knowing?" haeyoung said. "and that i was literally sulking in my room while you two were just preparing this?"

"uh, more or less." wonjin said.

"i cannot believe you guys... do you know how creepy that is?"

"yeah, yeah, just thank us later." wonjin said, jumping on the couch. "now who's ready for a movie marathon?"

it was now the next day. haeyoung finally got her mind off some things, and had some fun with her two best friends. after they got bored of binge watching movies, they even went around the streets of busan and went christmas shopping for a bit, before they all parted ways.

and when she slept, she had the best sleep she had for the first time in months. she just felt so thankful of her friends, and she promised to herself that one day, she would repay them for all the things they have done to her.

it was now sunday, and there were two days left until christmas. haeyoung still didn't feel excited, though, but at least december 25 felt less like a normal day and more like christmas, compared to haeyoung's thoughts a day ago.

she decided to get some fresh air and walk for a bit, despite the cold weather and the freezing snow.

she walked down the city part of busan, feeling a tiny bit better as she passed through shops and restaurants. she couldn't bring herself to buy anything, though, since she didn't want to spend the money she has been saving for her grandmother's hospital expenses.

everything was fine until she passed through a certain restaurant that caught her eye. it was a café, and it wasn't the building that caught her eye, but the people inside it.

it was yiren. yes, wang yiren. the girl that has haeyoung's hate towards her growing more and more everyday. but it wasn't just yiren, it was yiren and eunsang. sitting on a table together, drinking cups of coffee as if they were in a date.

once haeyoung saw this, she immediately felt anger, without her realizing. she fast walked to the park she always went to, and sat down on the bench she always sits on.

why... why am i so jealous? she asked herself multiple times after realizing her emotions.

she was contemplating on her life decisions and thinking if it was a good idea to walk around the city, and she didn't know the answer.

she was lost in thoughts until another person sat beside her. she looked to her right and saw wonjin.

"oh, hey.." haeyoung said.

"wow, you actually got out of your house." wonjin said, chuckling.

"i know, right?" haeyoung said.

"anyway, i was calling you from over there," wonjin pointed at a bench, not too far away from her's. "you didn't answer, and you seem stressed. what's going on?"

"um, nothing. i just saw something i wish i hadn't seen." haeyoung said.

"wait, is it yiren and eunsang?" wonjin asked.

haeyoung looked at wonjin. "what? how did you know?"

"i saw them, too. in the café near the frozen yogurt shop?" wonjin asked, and haeyoung nodded. "yeah, i saw them there."

"it's just, yiren... she literally gives me attention-seeker vibes." haeyoung said.

"i know, right." wonjin said. "she's literally stealing every boy you like."

the girl scoffed. "what? who said i liked eunsang?" haeyoung said, crossing her arms.

"girl, it's literally obvious in your eyes. every time you see him, there's a different 'sparkle'. that's just the look someone has when they like someone." wonjin said.

haeyoung sighed, and thought for a while. well, maybe wonjin's right... she thought, maybe i am feeling something different towards eunsang..