| 32 |

"it didn't go so well."

pain, hopelessness, anxiety. she felt these emotions come in her body as the doctor spoke those five words.

"it didn't go so well."

she felt as if those five words would haunt her forever.

"it didn't go so well."

those words rang in her head for the rest of the night.

she just couldn't believe it. as crazy as it sounds, she was so sad that tears didn't even come out of her eyes. she was so sad that she couldn't even feel anything other than those three emotions.

she came back home after hearing the news. she stepped in the quiet, cold structure she once called home.

she turned on the lights, and reminisced about all the memories she shared with her grandmother as she looked around the empty house.

she walked to the chair her grandmother always sat on, and sat down on it. she felt like something just punched her in the heart. but that wasn't the only thing she felt, though. as she sat down, she felt something harder under the cushion. once she felt it, she stood up and lifted the cushion.

and once she saw the things hidden under the chair, that was when tears finally escaped her eyes.

eunsang walked to his part-time job after visiting haeyoung. he couldn't believe he lied to her again. but he couldn't help it; he didn't want to tell haeyoung about his relationship with his mother, because he didn't want to see her worried. lying is the best choice for the both of us, anyway. eunsang thought as he entered the café he worked at.

the thing is, his mother wasn't a nurse. eunsang lied about that. yes, eunsang is rich, but he lied about being happy, too.

after his part-time job, it was already around 7:00PM. he already eaten some food from the convenience store, so it was time to go home. he never ate dinner with his family, because he was afraid to stay in the same room with monsters he had to call family.

he gulped before he unlocked the front door, stepping inside the house. he quietly went up the stairs to his room, making sure to stay as silent as possible. once he reached his room, he sighed a sigh of relief and locked his door.

he can finally relax. he can finally rewind and take all his worried away as he slept on his warm, soft bed...

...or at least he thought.

after he got ready to relax, a loud noise was heard from downstairs. after that he heard his name being called. eunsang already knew what was happening now. he sighed, and mentally prepared himself to go down the stairs to come face to face with his "mother".

"YAH, LEE EUNSANG!! COME DOWN HERE, YOU BRAT!" his mother shouted, and he swore the whole neighborhood could hear it. eunsang bit his lip in nervousness as he opened the door, went down the stairs, and met his mother, fuming with anger.

"y-yes, mom?" he said in a stutter, looking up to see his sister alongside with his mother.

"why did you steal your sisters money?!" his mother shouted, making his flinch. "give it back to her now!!"