The Smell of Melted Candy in the Tunnel

Weird title, I know. It kinda makes sense once you read...

(Also an iiitsy biiiitsy gore/violence warning)

_________________________

 Draco's slender body scuffled past him, buckling under what Harry could tell was unimaginable pain. His cloak billowed behind him as he ran into the store next to Harry, the door not even having time to shut as the Death Eater had already broken its threshold. Many civilians yelled and gasped as the two crashed through, some even piling out of the shop for some means of escape.

Harry bounced on his feet, his body begging him to run off to the hilltop or even to where the 'horseless' carriages were still banked. But there was something that tugged him closer and closer to Honeydukes.

Honeydukes.

The trapdoor.

Harry knew it was risky, but he wouldn't, couldn't consciously know he could help without doing so! Before his mind could even register, he was sliding out his invisibility cloak and slipping into the sweets shop.

The shop walkways were cleared as witches and wizards ducked the spells flying across the room. The Death Eater, his agitated scowl making his soft face more intimidating, was standing at the top of a spiral staircase reigning fire down below to one of the aisles on the right. Following the line of cast, Harry could see Draco narrowing dodging each spell. Harry started over to the right side of the shop, however couldn't make it very far as he was blasted back by a Bombarda spell which made the very ground before him erupt into flying debris. When he looked up he saw Draco grasping onto his side, his eyes widening and nose flaring as he saw the Death Eater jumping down from the staircase and making a fast advancement towards him. The Slytherin stumbled up, leaning on the shelf as he cradled his torso.

Harry's eyes darted around the room between the Death Eater, who was gaining lots of ground; fast, and the wounded boy on his right. He charged forwards, scrunching the Invisibility cloak in his arms for better speed, before sweeping Draco up in the cloth. He could practically feel the Death Eaters breath on his neck before he and Draco made it to the stairs. Once they were down in the storage room, Harry threw Draco aside and pulled out his wand, firing as many spells as he could up the stairs without even thinking. The Death Eater shielded many though was not able to make much of a move in the narrow space. Harry's breath was heavy, his chest heave up and down with fear and adrenaline.

"Potter," Draco gruffed from beyond Harry's vision, his voice strained and urgent.

The Gryffinor, anxious about turning his eyes from the pursuer, flicked his head over and quickly huffed, "What?"

But as Harry looked over, Draco was already halfway down the trapdoor. The emerald green eyes glimmered with confusion, the split second of shock turned to fear and regret as he heard the Death Eater roar down the stairs. Without another second of hesitation, Harry leapt down the trapdoor and into the tunnel.

"You oka-"

"Just keep going!" Harry insisted, pushing Draco along in front of him agitatedly.

The tunnel was tight and low which meant they couldn't help but bump into the walls as they crawled/ran as fast as they could. Draco was lagging, hobbling as he clutched his stomach tightly. Harry urged him forward, looking back every now and then to see the not-so-friendly moon-like face of the Death Eater behind them, crashing through the tunnel after them.

"We're going to lead him into Hogwarts!" Harry yelled between breaths, his own hands and knees already aiding sores and bruises.

"Th-" Draco started before grunting under pain. It took him another moment or two of speedy crawling before he answered, "The Hogwarts barriers, they-"