House Party - Sincerely, Three

Here is a special, extra long chapter (2000 words, so grab your snacks now) that I've been writing for way too long to celebrate surpassing  thousand reads!! Enjoy! :)

Jared Kleinman was very good friends of Connor. He was also in love with him. He had been in love with Connor ever since he first saw him back in the seventh grade. Connor was the cute emo kid in the back, and would always catches Jared staring at him and get upset cause he thought he was silently judging him, when in reality, Jared was admiring him. The way his, then shorter, curly hair fell over his eyes softly. Or how one of his eyes was a mix of blue and brown. He noticed the subtle things that no one else cared about. Hardly anyone cared for Connor in the first place, except his mother, who in his opinion cared too much. Jared admired Connor from afar for all of seventh grade, and finally built up the courage to talk to him in eight grade, when they got seated next to each other in both English and Pre-Algebra. They had been good friends ever since, even when Connor went to Hanover - a private, all boys school - in tenth grade, they remained in touch and talked all the time. Jared would always visit the Murphy house, and have sleepovers alf the time, since he didn't see Connor at school. However, the lack of seeing Connor at school, led to Connor making another friend who almost replaced Jared. His name was Miguel. And of course, with Jared's luck, Miguel was in fact openly, and proudly gay. One thing led to another, and before he knew it, Miguel and Connor were dating. However they're relationship was short-lived, due to it being high school and the feelings kinda faded away after a while, which then left Jared with a chance of being with Connor. 

But there was also Evan Hansen. He had met Connor a lot more recently than Jared had. Evan and Connor formally met in senior year of high school, while Evan was dating Connor's sister, Zoe. Zoe and Evan dated for just over a year before they broke up. Zoe was the one who broke up with Evan, leaving him heartbroken, and wouldn't even tell him why she did it. He later found out that it was because she was in love with someone else, though. This left Evan in a confused place. He had then turned to Connor. He always thought there was something about Connor that was... special. This is when Evan started to question his sexuality. He never really had though about it, since he had been in  love with Zoe for most of high school, which is usually when people start the think about this kind of thing, but since he was in love with a girl, he didn't really have the time to think about wether or not he was attracted to men. He started to pay more attention to Connor. The way his hair was naturally, and perfectly curly. The way he walked, or talked, or just... existed. Evan adored every little feature about Connor, but thought he never had a chance, especially with him being the ex-boyfriend of his sister, it's already awkward enough that he still hung out around Zoe, so if he dated Connor? Just the thought of how that may go, sent Evan's anxiety through the roof. He also kind of had feeling for Jared, and thought he was cute but didn't think anything would ever happen since Jared seemed to have hated Evan all throughout high school, so he had given up on trying with him. Little did he know, Jared thought Evan was cute too, leaving them both having feelings for each other and Connor at the same time. 

And so that brings us to now. School had just gotten out right after freshman year of college. Evan went to small community college, while Jared went to some tech school in Montana. Connor on the other hand didn't go to college. He was still living with his parents. Zoe immediately took the opportunity to move in with her girlfriend right after she graduated high school as the valadictorian of her senior class. And since Connor lived with his parents still, that means he still has the opportunity to host parties at a big house. His dad was off on a business trip, and his mom decided to go with him, and leave Connor home alone for the weekend. Conveniently, the weekend school got out. He had called both Jared and Evan and told them both to invite people to his house for a party for getting out of school. Ironic that Connor was the host, and he didn't even go to school at all this year.