Treebros Angst/Just Really Sad

Get the tissues

//

Evan's POV

I wake up to my phone ringing and I see that it's Connor calling so of course I answer.

"Hey ba-" I was interupted by a voice. And it wasn't Connors.

"Evan, this is Connors parents. We need to talk to you. Please come to our house."

"What, why are you on Connors phone?"

Oh shit. I know for a fact that Connor has my contact name set as 'Evan ❤️' meaning now his parents definitely know that we were dating. I never wanted anyone to know. Not yet.

"Just get over here and we will explain."

"O-okay." I hung up.

I was so nervous. Connors parents didn't even know who I was. We hid every aspect of our relationship and friendship. I went outside and took a bus. The bus ride was 30 minutes long, but it gave me time to panic.

• • •

I rang the doorbell.

"Hello, you must be Evan." His mom said.

"Y-yes."

"Come on in."

I walked in, the tension in the room growing.

"Where's Connor?" I asked.

"Oh.. uh, that's what we brought you here to talk about." She had a very sad tone in her voice.

"Oh?"

"Come, sit down."

I did as she said and sat down in the couch.

"There's no easy way to out this, but um, Connor, took his own life last night..."

I couldn't think, I couldn't process anything. He's gone? Tears started forming in my eyes.  I couldn't take it.

"He's, gone?" I said through the pain.

"Yes. I'm so sorry. I had never heard your name before, and then we were looking through his phone, and saw your name with a heart next to it, and thought you must've been important to him."

"Yeah-" I started crying by this point. His sister Zoe sat by me and rubbed my back.

"It's hard on all of us, but we're all here for each other. You'll make it through." Zoe said, trying to reassure me.

"You don't understand.."

"I was his sister, of course I understand."

"But y-you d-didn't love h-him, or know him l-like I did." I could barely say words at this point. I wanted to breakdown and start sobbing, but I wouldn't. Not at someone else's house.

"What do you mean, loved him?"

"He was my boyfriend okay? We had dated for 3 months. We never told anyone though," well there goes my plans of not sobbing. I was a mess. I just found out my boyfriend is fucking gone. What do you expect?

"I told you guys there was a reason there was a heart next to his name." Zoe said and hugged me tight. I continued sobbing.

"I should go. I need some time alone."

"Okay," his dad said, "but before you go, there will be a memorial tonight. You should come."

"I'll think about it." I said and walked towards the door. Of course I'm gonna go.