Secret - TreeBros

Connor's POV

     Me and Evan have been dating for about 3 months now. Nobody knows, and he wants to keep it that way. But, the only problem, is Valentine's Day is coming up, and I wanna be able to be affection towards him around people, and not have to hide it. I know he only wants this cause he's scared of what people would say, and he isn't out to his mom yet and he's scared that some asshole will get the news out somewhere and his mom will find out. I've tried telling him that he's being irrational, but he's still scared of it. I do feel bad for him. I'm out and proud to everyone I've ever met, like I'm one of those people that will run through the halls with a pride flag and yell "Move I'm Gay!" Not really, someone would probably just call me a fag and try to shove me in a locker if I did that. But still, everyone that knows I exist (which isn't a lot) knows I'm gay. None of them, however know I'm gay for Evan. I do think Zoe and Jared are starting to get a little suspicious though, because I'm always at Evan's house, and in fact I'm on my way there right now. It is pretty late actually. Around ten, but we're fine, his mom usually won't be home till around 1 a.m. It's nice being there with just him though. I told him that he should come out to his mom when he gets the chance so we don't have to hide this anymore. I don't think he'll take the chance, because he's an anxious little baby, but it's fine. I still love him.

I arrive at his house and get out of my car after parking. I rung the doorbell and he instantly opens it.

"Hey babe," I say and walk in and go in to kiss him. He kisses back and let me inside.

"So... When are we gonna tell people about, us..?"

"You're kidding right?" He said kinda shocked that I even asked.

"No, I'm not. I'm pretty sure Jared and Zoe are already suspicious anyways."

And then he started panicking. "Really?! No no no no no no, this can't be happening. If jared knows he might tell his mom and she knows my mom and she might find out and-" I covered his mouth.

"Evan. Calm down. Please. You are overreacting. It'll be fine."

"But-" he tried to talk but I wouldn't let him.

"Evan. If she finds out she isn't gonna kill you. It'll be fine. Your mom is so nice."

"But what if she doesn't understand and- "

I kissed him to cut him off. He kissed back and of course right that moment, in the middle of his living room, is the moment his mom decided to walk in the door.

He quickly pulled away and covered his face and I could see him having an Internal panic attack.

"Umm, what the hell?" His mom said as she saw us.

"I- m- y-you said you w-weren't gonna be home till l-late.." he stuttered.

"I- I know, but- it's 10 o'clock. It's definitely not early, Evan. Now why didn't you tell me about this?"

"Because..." in this moment I thought it would be a good idea to but in, "because, he was scared and thought he would hate you. Nobody knows about, well, us.."

"Why were you scared Ev? You know I love you no matter what, as long as I have you here."

"Well I didnt think you'd have that good of a reaction.." he looked down at the floor.

I put my arm around him and he smiled slightly up at me.

"This is so cute. And it's Valentine's Day, what a perfect time for me to find out. So how long have you guys been together?"

"3 months," I said smiling.

"Wow. I can't believe you guys could keep a secret that long."

"Yeah, anyways, I'm gonna go upstairs with him now," I said and started walking towards the stairs.

"Hey, no. I don't trust it. I dont know if you guys have had sex before, but I don't think I trust you two up there alone."

"Mom, come on."

"Fine. But keep the door open."

"Okay."

<<The Next Day>>

"Ev. Babe. I have a question. Now that your mom knows about us, does that mean we can tell Zoe and Jared and Alana," I said as we were eating breakfast at his house. (We did sleep together and his mom was not aware, I don't think. We made sure to keep things quiet)

"I guess so."

"Great. I know Zoe probably already knows though."

"Wait really?"

"She's definitely suspicious telling that im always over here and not to mention, spending the night."

"Yeah, you having a sleepover with a guy is just a little gay."

"A little?" I laughed.

"Okay a lot," he agreed.

"Well anyway, let's go to school and we'll tell everyone there."

"Okay."

<<At School>>

"I knew it!" Zoe shouted.

"Yeah, I knew you already knew."

"I did too, Zoe told me she was suspicious that you were always going out for the night and not coming back till morning. Then we just assumed it was Evan you were hooking up with." Jared said.

"Welp, now the secret is out. Let's just not tell Alana. She'll find out quick with how much shes on social media," Evan suggested.

"Works for me. At least the secret is out." I smiled and kissed him. It felt good to kiss him in public and not have to worry. The secret was out. 

Holy Chips and Ben Platt. This took forever to write and i don't really know why, but it did. I'm fucking proud of it.... Kinda. There's some parts that I don't like that much, but it's still good and I wanted to get it out today, so I am.