Chapter 6

The plane landed. It was 2 am. I debated on calling an Uber or Jonathan.

"Hello?" Jonathan's voice rang through my spinning head.

"Are you sleeping?" I asked.

"No. Why?" Jonathan asked. He was obviously sleeping before.

"Can you come get me from the airport?"

"The airport? Where the fuck did you go?" He instantly sounded awake.

"Don't tell Patrick. I'll explain it all later."

"I'll be there in ten minutes." He said.

I waited outside for Jonathan. He pulled up, wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt like he came straight from bed. I was still wearing a white crop top and black skirt from the party.

"Start talking." Jonathan said when I got in the car. He examined my outfit and the makeup all over my face.

"I went to Toronto." I refused to look up at him.

He lightly slapped his hand down on the steering wheel.

"Toronto? With Auston?" He asked. I nodded my head. Tears again started to spill at his name. "Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" Jonathan grabbed my arms trying to see if there were any cuts or bruises.

"No!" I pulled my arms away. "I was going to stay there until Friday but Patrick came home early."

"Does Patrick know?"

"No I just told him I was at a friends house down the street."

"Oh my god Katelyn. You can't do this shit." He sounded mad. I looked up at him and I saw the anger leave his face. "I'm sorry. But just imagine about what could've happened."

"I know." I softly said. "But I like him."

Jonathan looked at me. "If you really like him and you know you like him, you should tell Patrick."

"No!" I cut him off.

"Think about it, he's going to find out sooner or later and trust me it's going to be a lot worse when he finds out a different way."

"I can't yet."

We pulled into the parking lot and I stumbled out of Jonathan's car. Jonathan got out and helped me up to the apartment. I opened up the door and saw Patrick's door closed which means he was sleeping.

"Thank you Jonathan." I slightly hugged him before he left. I fell down on my bed and decided to text Auston. Before I picked my phone up he already texted me.

'Are you home safe?'

'Yeah and Patrick's asleep. Again, I'm really sorry Auston'

'I'm sorry too. I can't wait to see you again. We'll figure something out. Goodnight'

'Goodnight <3'

~~~

I woke up late due to my horrible headache. So that means Patrick would already be home from practice. I slowly opened my bedroom door to see him sitting on the couch on his phone.

"When'd you get home?" He didn't look up.

"Oh shit are you okay?" He asked when he finally looked up and saw my party outfit still on, make up all over my face, and my hair a mess.

"Yeah I was just too tired last night to get ready for bed." I sat down next to him. "Why are you home?"

"I started arguing with Jessica and mom said it'd be best if I left so I did." He said with no emotion.