Chapter 3

I woke up to an empty house. Patrick must be at morning practice. I was a little bummed that he didn't ask me to go considering Auston would probably be there.

I took a shower and got ready for the day. I took a few selfies and decided on one to post.

Katelynkane: boredd :/

Jonathantoews: should've came to practice

Katelynkane: wasn't invited 🤷🏻‍♀️ @patrickkane

Ericakane: 💗💗

Mitchmarner: hi

Austonmatthews: :)

Katelynkane: :) @austonmatthews

*followed by Mitchmarner

The rest of the day was spent hanging around waiting for the game. I was hoping Patrick never checked my Instagram to see that Auston commented and some guy named Mitch. I checked his profile and saw that he was a friend on Auston's who also played on the Leafs so I followed him back.

I slipped on my Kane jersey and Patrick drove us to the United Center. I waited in the car until the gates opened. I made my way to my seat with the wives and girlfriends. Some of them said hi and that was mainly it. Warmups started and went down to the glass where I always go for warmups, instead of studying our players, I was studying the other teams players.

I really hated to admit it but part of me wanted to the leafs to win. Then again the other part doesn't want them to win. I know Patrick was really stressing about this game because he was nervous of being beat by Auston.

I spotted a guy with the name Marner on the back of his jersey. The one who commented on my picture. He seemed like a really fun guy. He was messing around with other players during warmups and giving out pucks to the fans. Him and Auston seemed to hang around each other the whole warm up.

Andrew Shaw hit the glass in front of me interrupting me from watching the other team. Jonathan came over waving at me. I glanced over at the other end and I could see Auston and Marner looking over at me. I quickly looked away because I didn't want the two Hawks in front of me to notice.

After warm ups I made my way back up to me seat. A waitor came up to our row but I ignored him, one of the girls probably ordered something.

"Ms. Kane." He said handing me a bag of popcorn.

"Oh I didn't order this." I politely said.

"Someone ordered it for you. It's all paid for." He handed me the bag and left.

"Some of the guys on the other team were watching you." One of the girlfriends smirked at me. I blushed and giggled.

"Probably someone behind me." I lied to her.