Chapter 13

Katelyn's POV

I followed Auston into his hotel room. We haven't spoken since he picked me up. Mitch was sitting on the bed and instantly stood up when he saw me.

"Hi Mitchy." I softly said as I walked over to him. He cautiously hugged me expecting me to push him away but I didn't. I hugged him back.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered into my ear. "I had to respect Auston's wishes."

I nodded my head telling him it's okay. "So when's Patrick going to get here?" I looked up at Auston expecting an answer. He shrugged as a response.

"So you're still not talking to me? Still choosing to be the point leader instead?" I said getting angry.

"I don't know when he's going to get here!" He snapped back. It caused me to flinch. Mitch noticed and put his arm around me. "I'm sorry." Auston said stepping closer. Mitch gave him a look as to say leave us alone. Auston took the hint and left the room.

"I know you're mad and I'm not expecting you to forgive any of us. But ever since he stopped talking to you, he's been a wreck." Mitch said.

"I saw you punched him?" I questioned.

Mitch looked down at the bruise on his hand. "I was trying to tell him to talk to you. I told him he's not the same guy without you. It got out of hand. But honestly, I don't regret it. What he did was horrible."

"What you all did was horrible. Jonathan kicked me out, I've been living paycheck to paycheck. I live with fucking rats. And.. I have absolutely no one." I said.

"And we're all realizing what we did. We want to make it up to you. I do atleast. I'm so sorry." He said.

I leaned my head on his shoulder. "I want it to go back to normal. To before I met Auston."

I heard something fall behind us. I turned to see Auston listening to what I just said.

"Do you really mean that?" He said, his voice cracking.

I could see the hurt in his eyes. I looked away unable to look at him. "I don't know."

"I did this for you." Auston said.

"You didn't do this for anyone but yourself." I calmly said.

"No you're wrong. I know how much it was hurting you to not have Patrick. I thought he'd come around if I was out of the picture." Auston defended himself. "Anyways, I just talked to Patrick. He should be here in about 30 minutes."

I nodded as a response. I needed to talk to Patrick before I make up with Auston.

Auston, Mitch, and I sat in silence waiting for Patrick to come.

A loud knock came from outside the door. Auston got up to open it revealing my older brother. He looked like a mess. His eyes were red, he hasn't shaved, his hair was messy.

"Patrick." I called as I got up to hug him. He wrapped his arms around me tighter than he ever has before. "What's going on?"

"Why did you do this?" He asked as his voice cracked. "Why'd you think you could face them without me?"

"Because you told me dad still cared, I thought the rest of them would too. You also threw me out and made me realize that I don't need you." I said.

"But I need you." He said. He turned to Auston. Oh no. This might be a fight. I got ready to step in but Patrick did something else. He held out his hand for Auston to shake. Auston grabbed his hand back. "Thank you."

Auston nodded. "I'm sorry for breaking the deal."

"Don't worry about it." Patrick chuckled. "May the best man win."

"May the best man win." Auston smiled back.

"Before we leave, can I talk to you?" Patrick asked Auston. Auston nodded and they both left the room.

"You're leaving?" Mitch asked.

"I guess so." I answered back.

"So are we good? You and me?"

"Yes we are." I smiled before hugging him. "It was good seeing you again.

"You too." He sniffled. "I know Auston seems like a dick right now but maybe take it easy on him?"

"He has a lot to make up." I said just as Patrick and Auston walked back into the room.

"You ready?" Patrick asked looking at me. I slowly nodded and kept my eyes off Auston while I walked to the door.

"I hope you can forgive me." Auston grabbed my arm.

"You can start by unblocking me." I said. I motioned to Patrick that I'm ready. He said bye to the boys and I followed Patrick out to his rental car.

"So what's the plan?" Patrick asked while he started the car.

"I thought you had a plan?" I looked at him.

He shrugged not knowing what to do. He started driving but I couldn't tell where he was going. Just then, when I saw the big red sign, I knew exactly what his plan was.

He pulled into the 24 hour Wendy's drive through. I couldn't help but smile.

katelynkane: late night shenanigans with @patrickkane

"I knew this would make you smile." He said. He began ordering our meals. He pulled into a parking spot so we could eat. "I know you hate me right now."

"Out of everything that has happened this past month, you broke my heart the most." I said shoving a chicken nugget into my mouth.

"I know, and I'll never forgive myself for it." He put his burger down so he could focus on me. "I'm so sorry."

I nodded my head somewhat accepting his apology. "What was the deal with that girl who was at your apartment?"

Patrick laughed. "Yeah that ended."

"Oh no, why?" I questioned. I was happy that nothing happened between them, she didn't look like the type I'd get along with.

"Ah, she called you a crazy bitch so I told her it was over." Patrick said. I spit out my drink because I couldn't hold in my laughter. Patrick began laughing too as he pulled out napkins to clean up my mess.

"Oh my god Patrick!" I yelled. "You have a game in Chicago in less than 24 hours!"

"Yeah I know. Jon said he'd tell coach I had a family problem."

"Oh no no, we have to get home." I said. Patrick looked at me like I was crazy. "You need to start catching up to Auston."

"You really want to go back? We need to be back here in a few days for the wedding anyways." He said.

"There's nothing I need more than to go to a Hawks game. By the way, what'd you convince Jonathan with to not talk to me?"

Patrick put his head into his hands regretting what he did. "I blackmailed him, told him I would tell coach about the hangover."

I looked at Patrick with wide eyes. "He could lose the 'C'"

"I wasn't even going to do it anyways." Patrick said.

"Well finish up! We got to go!" I said throwing my garbage into the bag and hoping we'd get home at a decent time.

And we were off to Chicago.