Chapter 1

"Go Patrick... Go" I whispered to myself as I watched my brother on the ice. He had the puck and broke into a breakaway. He faked out the goalie and shot the puck into the back of the net. The Chicago Blackhawks crowd jumped out of their seats cheering loud. I cheered with them.

The game shortly ended with a win against the Nashville Predators 4-2. I waited outside of the locker room with most of the players wives. They were all close friends but I just didn't connect with them. To them I was Patrick's little sister not a friend. So I sat off to the side like I do for every game while they chit chat about clothes and their kids.

A lot of the players said hi to me as they walked out. Patrick was always one of the last to come out.

"You see my goal?" He pushed open the locker room door.

"Eh it was okay." I laughed and followed him through the hallway out to the car.

"A fucking beauty. A breakaway mid ice right through the D line...." He blabbered about his goal. I went along with it and nodded my head barely listening to what he was saying.

"Y'know if you worked on your slap shot I think you'd get more goals." I said in the car. He started the car and slowly turned his head to look at me.

"If you worked on your slap shot you'd get more goals" he mocked me in a high pitched voice.

"Fuck off. It's hard watching your weak ass arms try to slap shot." I hit his arm.

We were driving away from the stadium and he kept looking at me but look away when I looked at him.

"Why do you keep doing that?" I asked confused. He did it again and pulled into the Wendy's drive through. "I should've known."

We ordered our food and the workers were surprised to see him. After we got our food he pulled into a parking spot and I pulled out the food for us to eat.

"Why don't you have any friends?" He asked with his mouth full of food.

"Because of you. You date them, break their heart, then they hate both of us." I shoved a fry into my mouth.

"You're just always alone during the games. Why don't you talk to some of the wives down by the locker room?"

"I don't fit in with them Patrick. I'm fine going alone."

Patrick shoved his burger in his mouth while he looked at the league's standings on his phone. "Fuck the Leafs. They're first in the league."

"What are you guys?"

"4th" he shut his phone off quickly.

We finished eating with small chit chat in between before we drove home.

~~~

The next morning I made myself cereal. I scrolled through twitter and tons of fans were commenting at Patrick about something. I clicked on one tweet and it read "1v1 please @austonmatthews @patrickkane" I still didn't understand so I went to Auston Matthew's twitter and saw his most recent tweet.

He retweeted Patrick's goal last night with the caption "lucky breakaway"

Shit. Patrick is going to flip about this. Maybe I could dm Auston to delete it before Patrick finishes morning practice.

'Hey I was wondering if you could please remove the comment about Patrick's goal. It's just because I live with him and I don't want to hear him bitching about it all day.'

I hesitated but sent it.

"Why the fuck is he trying to start stuff?" Patrick bursted through the door. He was FaceTiming someone.