Chapter 5

I woke up to an empty house. The boys were at practice. I got ready for the day and waited in the living room for them to come back.

I heard the door open and I jumped up to see who it was. Auston and Mitch walked in with a red headed guy. He was big. A lot taller than me. "I got you breakfast." Auston handed me a Tim Horton's bag.

"Oh my god I haven't had this since I lived in Canada." I grabbed the bag from Auston to see what was inside.

"This is Freddy. He's our goalie." Mitch said putting a hand on Freddy's shoulder.

"I'm Katelyn." I held out my hand.

"I've heard a lot about you." He said while he shook my hand. I looked at Auston and he just shrugged.

I sat at the table eating my sandwich while they ate theirs and talked about hockey.

"Kane's catching up to you." Freddy said to Auston.

"I know. I saw." Auston said obviously not wanting to talk about it. I smirked at him.

"I hate that guy." Freddy said. My protective sister instincts instantly set in.

"A little jealous?" I asked. Freddy looked at me confused.

"Um yeah I forgot to mention that she's Patrick's sister." Auston awkward said.

"Oh fuck. I am so sorry. I didn't mean it in that way. I mean whenever I see him coming at me with the puck I always know I'm going to lose." He said trying to revive himself.

"It's okay." I smiled. "A lot of people hate him."

We spent the rest of the day just hanging out waiting for the game.

"Hey I got you something." Auston said pulling me to his room.

"You didn't have to Auston." I said sitting on his nicely made bed.

He pulled a bag out of his closet and pulled out a blue Leafs jersey. He handed it to me.

"I know you're all Blackhawks but maybe just for tonight?" He said. I turned the jersey over and it read 'Matthews'

"Thank you Auston." I hugged him.

"So you'll wear it?" He scratched the back of his neck.

"Of course." I smiled up to him.

~~~

We got to the arena and Auston talked the guards into letting me in before the public was allowed in. I sat in a random seat admiring the empty stadium. Eventually people came and it filled up quickly. There was so many people wearing Auston's jersey.

I watched warmups from my seat a few rows up from behind the penalty box. The game started fast but the goals weren't coming.

Eventually at the beginning of the 3rd, Auston scored making the score 1-0. That ended up being the final outcome. I went down the the locker room where Auston told me to go after the game. There was lot of other people down there waiting for the boys but I didn't know anyone.

The locker room door swung open revealing a very happy and energetic Mitch. He ran up to me and gave me a big hug.

"Good game." I laughed when he put me down.

"Media tried talking to me but I said no." Mitch said.

"Mitchell!" I laughed.

Auston shortly came out as well giving me a soft hug.

"Good game." I said into the hug.

We drove back to the apartment and ended up just hanging out on the couch. Auston flipped through the TV and turned on the Hawks game that was just at the end of the third. I felt guilty when they showed the guys on the bench. This is the first game I've ever missed.