what about me?

*

"Will, come on you can't leave. It's raining." Mike said as he followed his friend out of the door. "Listen, I said I was sorry! It's a cool campaign, it's a really cool campaign. We're just.. not in the mood right now." Mike mumbled, trying to reason with Will.

"Yeah, Mike that's the problem. You guys are never in the mood anymore! You're ruining our party!"

"That's not true!" Mike defended.

"Really? Where's Dustin right now?"

Mike stayed silent, which proved Will's point. "See! You don't know, and you don't even care, and obviously he doesn't either and I don't blame him! You're destroying everything! And for what? So you can swap spit with some stupid girl?!"

Mike widened his eyes. Sure he was getting a little frustrated with Will at this point, but calling El stupid? No, that crosses the line.

"El's not stupid-"

"Mike, she can barely write a full sentence without asking for help! She's supposed to be in highschool, how in the world do you expect her to go into school like that?" Will questioned.

"Excuse me?" Mike said, not even sure he was hearing this correctly.

"You heard what I said." Will grumbled as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"I really hope your joking right now, Will. She's lived in a lab her whole life! She was a guinea pig! They didn't care about her knowledge of the world, they just wanted her to be a weapon. Do weapons know the alphabet? No, they don't. I'm sorry she didn't get the same privilege as you, stop being a selfish prick."

"That's not our fault Mike. She has super powers, couldn't she find a way to escape earlier?"

"She was probably terrified. You have to put yourself in her shoes," Mike scoffed. "How can you say any of this? Are you hearing yourself, man? After everything she's done for you. She bent over backwards trying to save your ass. She saved all of us-"

"Isn't that sweet of her. Everything she did for me? Everything that's happened to me is because of her. She ruined my life and now she's ruining our party."

"It is not El's fault for what happened to you that night. She's not ruining the party, either! We all want her here. Dustin, Lucas, Max, me, and you should too. She saved your ass and you can't get over the fact that we aren't kids anymore! We aren't going to spend the rest of our lives in my basement playing a board game. We're all growing up and if you can't accept that then your just going to get left behind."

"No, Mike. You don't understand what it's like for me. All you ever care about is El, El, El. What about me? Your other friends? She ruined our friendship, she ruined the party, she brought all of this weird interdimensional shit into our town, and she has you wrapped around her fingers. Each and every one of you. You know what? I wish she'd never come back at all! I wish she had just stayed in the upside down to die!"

Mike didn't even think twice before his fist collided with the side of Will's face, making the boy stumble backwards as he cupped his cheek.

"Don't ever say shit like that again." Mike growled lowly, his eyes turning dark. It didn't matter that Will was his supposed best friend. If you said anything about El that wasn't nice, Mike wouldn't hesitate to go off on you.

Will didn't stop. One punch in the cheek wasn't enough to stop him.

"You know, she's honestly better off without you. I mean, she dumped you after all. For no reason. She doesn't want to be with you, Mike. Let's face it, she just wanted to be a normal teenage girl. And you are not who normal teenage girls would date."