you hurt mike pt 1

1985, june

ever since el had come back to the cabin after her small adventure to illinois, hopper assigned her household chores and in exchange el got a small payment of $5. she had doing these chores almost everyday until she had enough money to go shopping. el had talked nonstop to mike about everything she read about the new starcourt mall. she would always ask him what it looked like inside and what he did there. though she was sad hopper would not let her to the mall she did not let that stop her, she had been saving up for this for 3 months.

today was different, hopper said she could go to the mall, only if she went with the party. hopper had formed a trust with her small group of friends, though he despised the boy el called her boyfriend, he still trusted him to keep her safe. it all started this morning when they ate breakfast, "so el, i know you have been saving up your allowance for quite some time. and i know you've been wanting to go to the mall to go shopping, so i decided i would let you go today." he said, el's face was covered by a gigantic smile, "really?!" she exclaimed, "yes, under one condition," she nodded waiting for him to continue, "you have to go with your friends, don't leave mike or anyone's side for a second." she jumped up and hugged him tightly, "thank you! thank you!" she squealed, "i have to call-"

just as she was about to say mike's name the secret knock echoed through the cabin. she raced to the door and opened it quickly, she jumped on mike, almost making him fall over, "what's got you so excited?" he asked, "one, your here. annndddd, hop said i could go to the mall with you and the party today!!" she smiled, "that's great! we were planning on going there later, should i call them to say your going?" he asked, "yes!" she pulled him into the house and he dialed the numbers quickly. when all the party members were informed el went into her room, when mike tried to follow hopper called after him.

"hey kid, let me talk to you a second." he said gruffly, "y-yeah, sure." hopper motioned for him to take a seat at the table, mike followed his instructions and waited for the man to say something. "when you guys are there do not let her out of your sight for one second. got it?" mike nodded, "good, be careful today, okay?" mike nodded again and went into els room, "how much money did you save up?" he asked taking a seat on her bed. "2-2-5 dollars." she said proudly, "really?" mike asked, "yep!"

"your gonna need something to put all that in." he said, "i'm gonna buy a bag like yours!"

"my backpack?" he asked, "yeah!"

"you might need a wallet though." she tilted her head, "what's a wall-let?" she asked curiously, "a wallet is a little leather pouch where you keep your money. it helps it keep it nice and organized." he explained, "oh." she said to herself, "i'm gonna buy one of those too!" mike chuckled, "ok."

*

the party decided to all meet at el's house because they wanted to make her day fun and everyone knew how much el loved riding bikes with all of them. the only problem was that mike had grown out of his old bike, and his new bike couldn't fit the both of them on it. and they sure as hell weren't walking to the mall. "well i know max's bike has little pegs you can stand on, maybe she'll let you ride on the back?" mike suggested, "no. i'm not doing anything with her."

mike knew that his girlfriend had this unknown hatred for the red head, "i know you don't like her but, your just riding on her bike, so what's the harm?"

"i only want to ride on your bike." she pouted, mike smiled, "i know but, please just this one time. you don't have to talk to her or anything. i'll buy you free ice cream for life." he persuaded, "fine. for life." she repeated sassily. the couple slowly leaned in where their lips met in the middle, els hand went to his soft hair and mike's to her face, suddenly their friends burst in her room, "caught in action! the live mileven performance!" dustin announced, el went red and looked down, mike rolled his eyes, "quit being a perv dustin." mike scoffed, he put his hands up in surrender, mike got up and walked over to max. she made a face at him, "what do you want?" she asked, mike made a face back at her, "since i don't have my old bike el doesn't have a ride to the mall, could she just ride on the back of yours?" mike asked, "yeah, sure." the girl shrugged, "thanks." mike said flashing her a small smile.