miss you more than anything

get your tissues ready

three months. three months had gone by and it didn't even seem real.

he was gone.

and el still couldn't believe it to this day. her happiness, her light, her everything was gone. mike was gone.

she had lost something that made her whole world happy. the first week was the worst, of course all of his friends were devastated but it seemed like el took it the hardest. i mean why wouldn't she, he was the most important thing to her in the world. in that first week of him being gone no one even saw her, she stayed in her room, she wouldn't eat anything. her own world drained of color.

she blamed herself, she could have stopped that dreaded monster. she could have. she used all of her strength but the monster was stronger than ever before, it knew her weakness and decided to play around with it. it took mike right in front of her eyes, she used everything in her, blood coming out of her nose, ears everything. but it wasn't enough.

when the monster finally decided to cut the cord it made sure that the both of them would suffer. right in front of her it killed him, and after that everything in her seemed to stop. it felt like someone stuck a knife in her heart, her legs gave out, she couldn't even force tears out it hurt so much. she couldn't comprehend what was going on, she heard guns going off, trying to kill the monster once and for all, and somehow they did. after it was defeated, her friends ran up to her, they had to get out of there before things got any worse.

"el c-come on we have to g-go." her friends sobbed out, they had seen everything. "no!" she cried out, curling into a ball and crying into her knees, "let it take me to! there's nothing to live for!" she sobbed, "n-no el, come on, we have to go!" will sobbed, he lost his best friend, he wasn't going to loose his sister too. "will there isn't a p-point anymore! it took everything from me, just give it what it wants! it wants me just let it take me!" she repeated that last sentence over and over, she just wanted the pain to be gone.

"el we lost him too, and we are not going to loose you right now." max said trying to get her best friend off the floor, she still wouldn't budge from beside him. they tried grabbing onto her, "let me go! let me go!" she screamed, they quickly let go of her. "el, it's going to get worse if we stay here any longer."

"then you guys go! i am not leaving!" she cried peaking a glance at the boy beside her making her upset all over again. his eyes were closed, his hair all messed up, "m-maybe he's not gone, m-maybe he's just passed o-out." she said out loud, "no el, h-he's gone." dustin said quietly, "y-you don't know.." she reached her hand out and touched his face, it was ice cold. she tried shaking his shoulders, "come on w-wake up... its j-just a dream." she tried to convince herself, he still stayed still. she placed both of her hands on the side of his face, "please wake up." she whispered, her friends couldn't watch. they knew he was gone, but watching el trying to wake him up was the worst thing they had seen.

el placed his head in her lap, "remember that day where we snuck away from the party on the fourth of july? and we watched the fireworks at lovers lake? i smashed a cupcake on your face and your face was stained for like 2 days." she sniffled with a small laugh, "and then that day at the cabin when you hid under my bed when hopper came home early we couldn't get you out for like an hour."

"i love you so much and i'm so sorry." she sobbed, "el.. we have to go now.." max said placing a hand on her shoulder, "i-i can't go."

"el you have-"

"i'm not leaving! you can try and make me leave but i'm staying here until i can't any longer." she said coldly, max looked to her friends and they all shrugged. they knew they shouldn't leave her, but it's not like they had a choice. "guys we can't leave her." dustin said looking at her, "well what do you want to do?!" lucas asked, "i-i don't know! we can't just leave her here, what if something happened. that's the last thing mike would want." dustin said quietly, "he's right but.. what are we going to do?"