suprise

Note: This is a future mileven, their ages are around 23-24.

el and mike had always known that they would be each other's soul mates. never in their life did they doubt that they would never start a family. el had begun to love children because of how she worked at and managed a daycare. it was hard work keeping all the kids out of trouble but with the help of her lovely assistant, sydney, everything always went smoothly. el always liked hanging around the toddlers, they were learning new worlds everyday and spoke small and goofy sentences to her. she always loved interacting with them.

many times el had mentioned to mike about having kids, and now that they were married and both had supporting jobs they could finally start a family. but before they did anything el wanted to make sure that mike was okay with kids, that he would feel comfortable with it. and naturally he would say yes but internally, he was panicking. would he be a good dad? what if his kid was disappointed in him? what if el was? what if he hurt the baby? his thoughts scrambled around in his head, the negative thoughts never stopped coming through his head.

but after the first time they tried for a baby el was in fact not pregnant. she was very upset, and almost nothing could make her feel any better. but mike never left her side, "we can try again, it will be okay." he reassured, "b-but what if i can't have kids?" el asked only making her cry harder, "maybe our timing just wasn't right, everything will be okay. i promise." he said kissing her forehead, el felt a little better knowing that mike would never leave her side.

but when el found out she was pregnant she was more than happy, her smile was ear to ear. but there was only one problem, she had to tell mike. she didn't want it to be boring or something everyone else would do. she wanted it to be special.

*

one day at work while the kids were all having their nap break el and sydney finally had a chance to eat lunch. "so.. i have something to tell you." el said, biting back a smile, "ooh what is it?" her co-worker asked, "i found out i'm pregnant!" el smiled, "oh my god! that's great!"

"i know, i just- i don't know how to tell mike. you know i don't do boring." her friend nodded, "well i do have one idea.."

for the rest of the lunch break the two came up with a good plan, due to sydney's amazing suggestions and ideas they figured out what they were going to do.
*

it had been a long day for mike, he worked in the hawkins post and wrote for the newspaper. he had always enjoyed writing, whether it was a d&d campaign or little notes he used slipped el during class, he always had a way with words. and some people at work envied that, sometimes they would call him names or take his ideas. but mike was used it and had been for years. he had always been bullied but he figured it would stop after high school, but it didn't.

the guys at work would constantly push him around and take advantage of him. but mike had learned to ignore it, he didn't choose to fight back because that would cost him his job.

but today was the same as always, mike getting thrown around like some toy, and he was sick of it! of course he didn't do anything but he was just about loosing his patience, he just wanted to come home and cuddle with el like they did every night. when he walked through the door of their small apartment he expected el to be waiting in the living room but instead he was greeted with the whole room in darkness. "el?" he asked turning on some lights, when he looked back a chair was placed in the middle of the room with a sign on it. he walked over and read the paper, "welcome home! before you relax there's one more thing on your agenda! follow these clues to find your prise!" after the note there was an arrow that pointed to the living room.

he walked into the living room and looked for the next clue, which sat by the tv. "looks like you've made it to your first clue. look for the pink light!" pink light. pink light? what was she talking about? he looked around and saw a pink light coming from the spare bedroom. he walked in and saw another note, "wow look at you! your next clue is kinda tricky, but i bet you can figure it out. you always used to say that we had a shitty view, remember where that is?" mike smiled and walked over to the small bay window in the living room, a small white box placed on top. on the lid of the box was yet another note, "i knew you'd find it, now when your ready open the box!"

he lifted the lid carefully, expecting a puppy to jump out, but he was wrong. inside lay a small black and white photo, he picked up and looked at it carefully. 'what the hell am i looking at?' he thought as he looked more closely to the small dot. was it part of the clue?

he flipped the picture over to see a small note written, "hey there! i'm so excited to meet you, sadly i do i have to wait just a few more months and i'll finally be able to see your face! i can't wait! see you in a few months, dad!" 

"dad?" he said out loud, still not fully understanding. he flipped the picture over and looked at it again, still seeing the same thing he saw once before. he looked in the box and saw a small white stick with two red lines, and small note was attached to it.

"we did it!"

"holy shit." he mumbled, he was going to be a dad. he and el were going to be parents. "surprise!" el said from behind him, he turned around to face his beautiful wife, "i can't believe it." he said a smile starting to run across his face, "me either!" she grinned, mike walked over to her and hugged her tightly, "your going to be an amazing mom." he said making her smile even more, "you really think so?"

"oh i know so."

"and your going to be an amazing dad." she said poking his cheek, mike suddenly frowned, "what if i turn out like my dad? h-he doesn't even care about me or nancy or holly-"

"mike."

"yeah?"

"your nothing like him. your heart is so much bigger and i know that you will always care about our baby." she said putting her hand up to his cheek, "god i love you." he whispered and leaned down to press his lips against hers. she pulled away and reyes her forehead on his, "we're going to be parents."

authors note:

ew i hate the ending
but shush

i feel some ideas coming for exchange student but it might still be a day or two!

hope you enjoyed this and thank you all for 800 on this book.

-nedy ✌🏼