you'll always have me

the party all rummaged around in mike's basement, after all they were preparing for their first sleepover with every party member. of course all four boys had slept over one another's houses but this was the first sleepover that they would have with max and el. the boys had been cleaning up the basement for hours, they had trashed it after the most recent d&d campaign.

they rearranged things so there would be places to sleep on the floor and moved the television so it was at the perfect angle so they could all watch a movie. when everything was complete they stood back and looked at what they had accomplished, "we are probably going to trash it anyway so what was the point of doing that?" dustin asked, "i doubt you want to sleep in trash, dusty-bun." mike teased, dustin stuck his middle finger up at him. "i'll go get some blankets and snacks, you guys just chill out okay?" mike said while he walked up the stairs. "roger that." lucas replied as he crashed down on the couch.

mike went upstairs to retrieve blankets and extra pillows as well as snacks. he came downstairs and threw the blankets on the floor and set the snacks on the coffee table. he sighed as he plopped down on the couch, "now we wait." he mumbled watching will switch around channels on the tv.

*

about 20 minutes later max and el arrived, small bags in hand. they walked down to the basement which was surprisingly clean, "woah woah what happened down here?" max snickered placing her overnight bag by the steps, "it looks like mr. clean threw up." el giggled walking over to mike, "cleaned up just for the princesses." dustin teased in a high pitched voice, max picked up a pillow and smacked him with it.

while dustin and max started a pillow fight el sat down next to mike and grabbed his hand, making him blush. "hi." he smiled, "hi." she replied, "are you excited for the party's first sleepover." he exaggerated sarcastically, "yeah, totally." she giggled, "okay lovebirds, we are doing sleeping arrangements so pick a spot." lucas said placing his sleeping bag on the ground next to the tv. el got up to grab her sleeping bag that she and max bought days prior and set hers next to mike's. "woah woah! your not sleeping together?!" dustin laughed, el furrowed her eyes i confusion, "what are you-"

"don't listen to him he's just being a dick-wad." mike interrupted, "and to answer your question, no." mike scoffed at dustin, "fine fine.. but when i wake up and you two are sleeping in the same sleeping bag you owe me ten bucks!" dustin hollered.

mike rolled his eyes and turned back to el, "why would we sleep together?" el asked, "uh-umm-"

"hold up! mike hasn't given el the sex talk!?" max laughed, "what the hell?! no! i shouldn't be the one to explain that to her!" mike's face was burning red, but el was still confused as ever, "well why not? i figured you two already-"

"you better stop talking." mike snapped, the party was practically rolling on the floor for how much they were laughing, "i mean y-you two are already touchy touchy so i mean-" dustin burst out laughing before he could finish the sentence, "mike what are they talking about?" she asked, "nothing, they are being stupid idiots, don't listen to them." she nodded slightly, still confused as ever.

"can we just stop talking about this?" mike squeaked his face showing pure embarrassment, "el, remember when i told you about happy screams?" max asked, "yes." she replied, "well when a guy and a girl are-"

"max!" mike interrupted, "hopper should be the one telling her this stuff, not you!" he said trying to avoid anymore embarrassment, "well she is 15 and she still doesn't know so-"

"so that means you should shut up!" mike exclaimed, "fine. we've had our fun fellas, now let's watch a movie." max said with a frown, they all sighed sarcastically.