Prologue : I see Red

For my sanity sake, monologues will be in English unless the person speak their thoughts outloud

Lol I'm sooo nervous, ok ok I'll stop now, happy reading :)

◇◇◇

Fire

Fire as far as the eye can see

He choked on smoke and the next thing he knew, he was coughing.

The feeling of smoke in his throat and slowly filling his lungs made him wanna claw his throat out.

Painful.

It hurts.

He saw red.

He was bleeding.

He couldn't breathe.

He felt dizzy

He couldn't see clearly.

Everything was fuzzy.

The red flames, the black smoke and his own blood blocking his vision. Sweat trickled down from his forehead, mixing with blood.

So hot... and yet why did he felt so cold? He shivered.

Ah he understands it now.

He was scared.

He gritted his teeth, trying to swallow back the fear.

Such a futile move.

"Mom!?", He looked around, desperately trying to spot the warmth of his mother that somehow always surrounds her. The same warmth that assure him that he was safe, the same one that felt home.

"D-dad!?" This time he called for his father, the one he looked up to, the one he idolized, the one who was always there to protect him and the one to catch him whenever he fell.

Until now.

He squeezed his hands hard. The feeling of grass and dirt being pulled with it.

Despite his throat disagreeing with all of his shouting, he stubbornly kept calling out his mother and father.

He called out to the flames before him.

Nothing...

Please... Not his family... Please... PLEASE.

There was still no response...

He was alone.

Alone.

Alone.

So?

What are you going to do now?

A voice that eerily sounded like his own asked him in a mocking tone. He shut his eyes closed, trying to suppress the unwanted thoughts.

Calm down. Just... Calm. Down.

He bit his bottom lip but accidentally tasted his own blood.

He bit too hard.

Blood taste disgusting.

He wiped the blood away with his sleeves, staining them but why would he care about that when his life was literally up in flames?

He finally opened his eyes again. A small piece inside of him hoped that this was all a very, very bad dream.

No the flames were still there.

A sudden chill ran down his spine. He felt someone watching him closely.

They were close.

A rush of adrenaline went through his veins. He pushed up his shaking body up, forcing his legs to move.