19- A Regal Invitation

Laura POV

The next few days went by in a blissful blur. They mostly consisted of robberies, riddles and snuggling with Eddie on the couch (which was by far my favourite of the three). About a week after my escape from Arkham I was walking around our hideout when Edward made an announcement in his usual loud voice.

“Miss Laura Graham, you and I have been invited to an exclusive villain’s ball over at the Iceburg Club,” he announced regally, twirling his cane around.

“Ooh! Sounds exciting, when is it?”

“Tomorrow night, shall we grace them with our presence?” he asked, taking my hand and twirling me as if we were dancing.

“We shall,” I said, giggling.

“Well I suppose you and the girls will want to go shopping for dresses and earrings and bras… and girl stuff?” he said, being absolutely clueless.

“Girl stuff. Of course,” I laughed. Just on cue, my phone began to blare out Fun House by P!nk, which was my ringtone for Harley.

“Hey Doc! It’s been too long. Do ya know about the ball?” she squealed down the phone, making me temporarily deaf.

“Of course! So… Shopping trip?” I asked.

“If by that you mean let’s go steal some stuff, then of course!” she said excitedly. We agreed we’d meet up with the other girls outside Magnifique, a dress store up town. I kissed Eddie goodbye and left our hideout, almost skipping with delight.

--------------------

I walked down the road towards Magnifique, keeping an eye out for the girls. Thankfully, they made me aware of their presence with a loud shriek from Harley.

“DOC!” she screamed, tackling me with an over-enthusiastic hug.

“Hi… Harls…” I managed to get out, despite the choking embrace. She eventually let go, then Selena and Ivy also hugged me, with thankfully a slightly looser grip.

“What’s got you guys in such a good mood?” I laughed.

“Oh, nothing. We’re just happy to see you, that’s all!” Harley said, her smile never fading.

“Ok… You ready to get some dresses?” I asked.

“Of course, let’s go!” Selena said, as we walked inside.

Almost straight away, Harley found an extremely flattering black dress that came down to her mid-thigh. Selena then found a dark purple dress that draped over one shoulder. Even after Ivy had picked a tight, floor-length green dress I had still failed to find the perfect dress.

A short, silver, sparkly dress caught my eye and I held it against me. It wasn’t anything special, but would do.

“This one looks okay,” I said, earning a disapproving frown from the other girls.

“No no no! Your dress needs to be something... Magical,” said Ivy, taking the dress away from me.

“Why? It’s just a silly ball,” I said. Ivy worriedly looked at Selena, who kept a cool expression.

“But you need to make a good impression on the villains you haven’t met yet! Now come on, let’s find something,” said Selena, “How about this?”

Selena then pulled out the most beautiful dress I had ever set eyes on. It was a light blue colour, and was lower at the back and shorter at the front. It came with a sparkly belt and tiny little straps.

“It’s beautiful! I need to try this on,” I screamed, taking the dress and running like a mad woman towards the changing rooms.

I put the dress on and it fit perfectly. I exited the changing rooms and the girls squealed with happiness.

“That’s the dress! That’s it! Doc, ya look fabulous,” Harley smiled. We then changed out of our dresses and into our usual clothes.

“Well that’s us all done! Now to pay,” said Ivy. There was a small pause before we all burst into fits of laughter.

“Good one Pam,” Selena laughed as she took out her whip.

I'm back from the dead! I'm so sorry for the lack of updates recently but never fear, as I've got an extremely exciting chapter coming up soon! Thank you for all your wonderful comments, can't BELIEVE I'm almost at 20,000 reads!!! So, please comment and vote! :) xoxo