11- Paradox

LAURA POV

In no less than 10 minutes Harley was on my doorstep with two boxes.

“I thought your hideout was on the other side of town,” I said suspiciously.

“It is,” she panted, “I got here as soon as possible.” I laughed at her enthusiasm, took the two boxes off her and set them down on the coffee table.

“Thanks Harls, I owe you one. See you later!” I said, ushering her back out the door.

“Wait, wait! I don’t get to help?” she cried with a pout.

“Sorry Harls, go back to your Mistah J,” I said trying to mimic her Brooklyn accent, which she laughed at, “This is something I have to do by myself.”

She sighed heavily then turned and opened the door again.

“Fine. See ya later Doc,” she smiled before leaving. I spun around and beamed at the boxes. It was time to get to work.

An hour later I had finally made my villain costume, mixing clothes I already had with material Harley had supplied me with. It consisted of a green T-shirt with a purple question mark on it, a short purple skirt covered in green question marks (with purple shorts underneath in case I wanted to kick) and green and purple flats. I also added a purple eye mask and some light makeup.

Suddenly I heard footsteps coming from the bedroom; Eddie must have been up. It was well into the afternoon now, I was really luck that he was a deep sleeper!

“Good morning Laura,” yawned Eddie, not even looking at me.

“Good morning Eddie,” I replied, smirking. He opened the fridge, got out some milk and set it down on the counter. He then walked towards the sofa, his tired eyes covered with his hands.

"So how are you doing toda-“ his jaw dropped when he finally saw me, and I just smiled evilly. He slowly walked towards me before he reached out his hand and caressed my cheek.

“You look beautiful,” he smiled before his lips touched mine again. His arms wrapped tightly around mine and I rested my arms on his shoulders. When we came up for air, he rested his forehead on mine and smiled.

“What did I ever do to deserve a girl as amazing as you?”

“You’re a pretty lucky man…” I giggled snuggling into his neck.

“You’re sure you want to do this? I mean, once you become a criminal there’s no going back,” he said.

“I am. It’s sure as hell more exciting than my old life,” I stated. He then stepped back and smiled.

“But what will be your name? It has to be something to do with riddles… Like Conundrum or Mystery or…”

“Paradox. How about… Paradox?”

“Perfect. Well, if that’s so, I actually have a heist planned with some of the other criminals today. Would you care to join us, Paradox?” he asked, holding out his arm for me to take. I laughed and hooked arms with him.

“Why yes my dear Riddler.” We then walked towards the door before Eddie stopped.

“Wait I’m forgetting something… Ah yes, my clothes,” he grinned before walking into the bedroom to change.

“You should leave the jokes to Joker!” I called after him.