12- Heads Will Roll

LAURA POV

Eventually, we got back to the abandoned building that we’d all met at just a few hours ago. Everyone piled out of the van, eager to get their share of the money. After we’d split it equally, everyone started to split off back to their hideouts.

“Ooh! Mistah J, now that we got all this money do ya think we can finally buy a puppy? Pleeeeease?” Harley begged, hugging Joker tightly.

“I’ll think about it,” mumbled Joker, earning a loud cheer from Harley.

“Come on Laura, we better head back,” smiled Eddie taking my hand.

“Have fun you guys,” smirked Ivy, “And remember…”

“USE PROTECTION!” yelled Selena and Ivy at the same time. Eddie smirked as we headed back to our car.

“So, how did you find your first heist?” asked Eddie, as we drove away.

“It was amazing, though I am exhausted!” I said. After a few moments of silence, I decided to finally ask what was on my mind.

 “Eddie… Can I ask you something?”

 “Sure, what is it?” asked Eddie, sounding slightly worried.

 “What happened with you and Two-Face?” I questioned. Eddie sighed quietly.

“Okay, well basically a year or so ago Two-Face and I were pretty good allies. We decided to escape from Arkham because well, it’s kind of a hell-hole. Anyway, on the way out Harvey got shot so I had to help him walk. Then, as we got to the fence, the Bat showed up. I began to climb the fence and pulled Harvey up behind me. But, he was too heavy. I had to make a choice. So, I dropped him. He broke five bones and it took six months before he could escape Arkham again,” explained Eddie. I let out a deep breath I didn’t even know I was holding.

 “So, now he hates you?”

“Yep. He tried to kill me the other month, but I managed to defeat him. But, let’s be real, who could possibly beat the world’s most intelligent carbon-based life form?” he smirked. I rolled my eyes as we pulled up outside his (Well, now our) hideout.

Eddie fell down onto the couch as soon as we got in and I lay down beside him, cuddling into him.

“So, what do we do now?” I asked. He turned his head to mine and smirked.

“I can think of a few things…” He then kissed me passionately and I gripped onto his shirt. I began to unbutton his jacket as we walked to the bedroom…

--------------------

I woke up in the morning and nearly jumped when I found a pair of gorgeous blue eyes trained on me. I smiled and relaxed, remembering it was Edward.

“Were you watching me sleep?” I asked playfully.

“Maybe.”

“You’re so creepy.”

“That’s not what you were saying last night,” he smirked, wiggling his eyebrows. I rolled my eyes and fumbled around in the bedside table for something to wear. I found a navy blue button-up shirt with some cream shorts and decided that they would do considering the sunshine coming from outside. Quickly, I got changed and turned around to find Eddie standing there in some jeans and a shirt.

“After you beautiful,” smiled Eddie, opening the door. I walked over to him, smiling.

“God, you’re such a gentlemen,” I said, before our lips met again. I allowed my hands to run through his hair as we stepped out into the living room. Suddenly, a deep cough came from the other side of the room. We jumped apart to find Jonathan leaning on the door smirking.

“Sorry to interrupt you guys, but Batman has found my hideout. Would it be okay if I stayed for a couple of days?” he asked.

“Is that okay with you?” Eddie said, turning to me.

“Sure I guess…” I said quietly.

“My thanks. I guess I’ll just stay in the room I normally stay in,” John said, moving towards the corridor with his small bag.

“Aw that’s so cute! Do you and John have sleepovers all the time?” I teased, causing John and Ed to both roll their eyes.

After John had put away his stuff, we all decided to watch a movie.

“John, you can decide on the movie since you’re the guest,” I smiled politely, making John smirk.

“You might not wanna do that,” warned Eddie.

“And why not?” I questioned.

“I pick… Sleepy Hallow,” said John, picking it up out of the cupboard and placing it in the DVD player.

“Oh god,” winced Eddie.

“I’ve never seen that before! Let’s watch it, it can’t be that bad!” I said bravely. I was very wrong.

---------

After about the third head was chopped off I found myself hiding my head in Eddie’s chest.

“You know Laura, I can always turn it off if you’re afraid-“ said John, with a sinister look on his face.

“No! I’m not afraid… I love this movie,” I lied. So I sat through the endless gore. And to make matters worse, every time someone got injured or murdered, John would actually laugh quietly. After about forty-five minutes, I’d had enough.

“Ugh… I’m just gonna go to the bathroom,” I mumbled, standing up and heading towards the hallway. I was just about to enter the bathroom when a yellow, glowing liquid caught my eye from the room behind me. My curiosity got the best of me and I turned around and entered the room. It was one of the rooms I had explored the other day, filled with brown furniture, which I was guessing belonged to Jonathan. And that meant that the tube had to be full of fear toxin. I gently picked it up and stared at the strange liquid. Suddenly, I felt the glass slip from my fingers, and everything began to go into slow motion. I saw the glass shatter and the liquid slowly spread. A terrible smell filled my nostrils before I began to choke on the air.

 And then everything faded to black…

Riddle Me This (Riddler Love Story)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara