whispers in the dark part 6

His guitar would bring him some calm when he awoke... 

"Joseph Adam Jonas, come to me boy." Smoeone was whispering but again it wasn't coming from his ears. He heard the whispers from his heart. Joe's eyes fluttered open in the darkness.

"It was just a bad dream. Go back to sleep." Joe put his head to the pillow but would not close his eyes. Something very wrong was going on. The books mentioned the great evil and Joe felt that was what bothered him. He went to the book again.

"The great evil whispers into the hearts of men in the darkness of night beckoning. Never answer, answering shows that you can hear it. If you are too weak to fight, ignore. "

Joe didn't like thinking himself weak but at that moment what he felt was very weak. He crawled back into bed and tried to push the things down like he had done many times before. He swallowed the frightened lump in his throat and closed his eyes. This time sleep came swiftly. 

Joe woke up very late the next day and from his dream state his vision had blurred. He swore he saw a dark figure but he told himself he was crazy. The paranoia carried on throughout the day and by the mid afternoon he had no choice but to go back to his parent's house. He needed the rest of the books. Reading only one book spiked his interest in what the others eld. He took five of them, he would be back for the rest. Halfway through the second one he found what he was looking for. It was a fable that seemed to fit him too closely. He heard his grandfather's voice whenever he was reading a folktale like thing. He remember sitting with his grandfather ad hearing his stories about how brave he was. Joe always aspired to do something good and brave. He wanted to shed light on the darkness in the world.

The story told the story of the second brother who was tormented by the screams of the dying and the oppressed. His heart was clean and the pleas of the tortured would enter it and peace would never come until he ended the injustice and saved the unseen people.

Joe sat back and huffed. How the hell could he help these people if he couldn't see them? he shook his head and went to talk to Nick. This was going too far and He needed help. If this was true he needed help. Nick was the only one he trusted enough to go to him with something like this. Nick could calm anyone. 

Joe walked into Nick's room and heard the guitar being played beautifully. His brothe had his back to him and Joe waited until the song ended before he interrupted. He didn't always give Nick credit but he knew how special his little brother was. He cleared his throat. Nick's worried face turned to see his older brother. Joe sat beside Nick and put his arm around him. His eyes said it clearly enough but he still voiced the fact that they needed to talk. The books had been right about what was happening with Joe. If everything in the Books were true, Nick had been fostering a great secret.

Joe had gone first and floored Nick. Nick never thought his brother was capable of holding that much in for that long. The look on his face alone told Joe that Nick somehow knew that everything he learned from the books were true. Nick's revelations took a lot longer tha Joe's and Joe was more surprised than he expected to be. He knew Nick was hiding something big but he didn't think Nick would hide something this big. When the truth came out, both brothers just looked at eachother.

"Caslynn, I want to meet her," Joe said.

"You already have but you didn't know it was her. She was the one who punched Alex." Nick smiled weirdly. Joe nodded and closed his eyes in an effort to take it in. He suggested that they go to dinner.

"When are we going to tell Kevin?"

" I don't know," Joe said from behind the menu.

"According to the books, he probably already knows. We have to stand together Joe."

Joe shrugged. "If he already knows then he can come to us. He probably doesn't want any part of it if he hasn't come to us yet. It isn't like he hasn't come to us with weirder things"

Nick shook his head. That wasn't the way to go about it. Nick would do something about it. Sometimes Nick wondered why Kevin and Joe didn't get along. He knew there was always an attetion war going on between them but he thought they were too old for it to still be going on. Nick never said anything because it wasn't his place. Joe had terminal middle child syndrome. Nick just dealt with it but it annoyed Kevin badly. 

Nick and Joe enjoyed their dinner unaware that they were being watched. They always had the feeling you get when you're being watched but since becoming famous they had learnt to deal with it. They always had that feeling because usaually it was fans stalking them. Tonight it was different. Unseen to the mundane humans who could see nothing stood a man in a dark robe. His black hair was plastered to his forehead with the sweat tat was brought n from the exertion of the spell. He could still hear the buzzing that Anrev's voice left in his ears. Watch and Wait. That was what he was to do. His orders were to watch the young man with the stupid hair cut and big glasses until Caslynn showed up to meet him. Joseph kissed the forehead of his brother and looked him in the eye.

"Be safe brother, we're in for something big but I want you to come out of it unharmed."

Nick looked at his brother, scared to death of what he was saying. It seemed a whole lot more real now that his whole family was involved. Nick was quiet but not in the way he normally was. This quiet was dangerous and eerie. This kind of quiet meant that Nick was on edge and that any little push would send him into rage. Caskynn would feel his anger tonight. Caslynn would see just how dangerous it was to mess with his whole family.Nick could handle her tricking him. He could handle not being completely safe all the time. He could handle the trips all over the world and the crazy things he had to do. But what he would not tolerate was someone endangering his family. Tonight he was driving the truck. He had to park it because anger made his driving reckless. His forehead bashed into the steering wheel over and over. he let out a cry of anguish in the purest form. This was his fault. He let her deceive him. He allowed her to talk him into a deal. He could not change his past. Nick was a man of his word. Nick stood for honor. Nick had given Caslynn his word. Nick would help and he would do what he had to win. No one from his family would be hurt. NO ONE.

Nick again started the car and went home. He hadn't taken things as seriously as he should until now. He spent that night remembering every spell he'd been taught. He made sure he had them all right and tested every one. As the dawn began to show, Nick's exhausted body crawled into bed. He had done too much and he would feel the consequences of that now. His body shook as he closed his eyes and took deep breaths. His body calmed quickly and he drifted slowly to sleep. 

Caslynn saw stress in the face of the young man before her. Nick was the right one. She knew he would work hard. She never expected him to hurt himself. Something had changed. she wanted to kiss his face but it was forbidden. Everytime she touched him they both burned. It was her first sign that he would save her people. She knew this was the human family that would save her race. The brothers that were spoken of in the whispers. Children were taught to follow the rules that kept them half alive and not believe the storire because they were not true. Caslynn was never one  to follow rules.  She went to fid the brothers and she had succeeded but it brought her many enemies. Enemies who only tried to stop her because they did not want change. The rules had brought convenience to the old families. It made it easy for them to rule the people. Caslynn vowed to change that and it was the reason for her exile and the murder of her friends and family. She thought of her fiance who was burned because of her pursuits that were against the law. They could never find her so they hurt those close to her. She would avenge the lives of those she lost. She would win the war they had to fight and she would again find love...