Chapter 3

My dad didn't speak anything, he was probably shocked but, man! who cares. I shrugged my shoulders and a wide evil grin appeared on my face.

"Okay," he gave up. I was pretty sure that this marriage meant a lot to him as he silently accepted my demand.

****

It was my online nikah and I was so excited (note the sarcasm).
Maria came and congratulated me. I gave her a smug look but she didn't mind.  Hadi and Sarah got dressed like they were going to attend a real wedding, I rolled my eyes.

And finally, my nikah started, a fragile figure appeared on the screen with my dad and an old man. Her face was covered with a veil. Like seriously man I couldn't even see her face. I was pissed off, the man with a long white beard was murmuring something and asked me to repeat something but believe me, those fifteen minutes were the worst part of my life. After that nikah's joke, my dad congratulated me and Maria then hugged that white-bearded man.

After the screen turned off, Maria, Sarah, and Hadi hugged me and I rolled my eyes again. Why the heck they are so happy.

Wow, now I was a married man, seriously a sixteen-year-old schoolboy who had a wife. I don't think that this stupid marriage thing would affect my relationship with Emily.

I called her and drove to her apartment.  I really needed her to clear my mind from these stupid dramas. I knew a night with Emily on her bed would be going to the elite.

Anabia's POV

Bua handed me a beautiful red dress of my mom, I sighed and put the dress on. I looked at the mirror, I was looking different as I never wore such type of bright colors. I was a bride without henna,  without any jewelry, and without any makeup.

Uncle made me sit in front of the laptop's screen. My face was covered with a veil but I could still peek through it,  I wanted to look at the screen, I wanted to see the man whom I was marrying but I didn't lift my head. I sat like a robot. My palm was sweating and my body was trembling from unknown fear. I had never thought that my life would change like this. My heart was pounding as the Qazi Sahab started our nikah.

After the nikah,  Uncle Afzal and dadoo congratulated each other, Bua hugged me and Uncle Afzal patted my head.

"Bia,  come here" dadoo called me when everyone left us alone.

I looked at him and gave him my best fake smile.

"Bia, I'm sorry but dear I did this for you. I want to hand you in safe hands,  I want to die peacefully " he said and I ran towards her and hugged him. I sobbed in his arms and he patted my back.

The next day Uncle Afzal left for London with my important documents. My days were now changed.  I started thinking about my unknown so-called husband. How would he looks like,  would he like me, would he accept me. Millions of questions were popping into my mind but I couldn't ask anyone.

Dadoo was becoming weak day by day and an unknown fear was haunting me. I was too weak, too coward to accept that he has to go one day.

I woke up from the chirping of birds. I looked at the clock and gasped. I slept too much that I missed my morning prayer.  Cursing myself, I went to the washroom and did my morning routine.  After a nice shower, I headed downstairs.