Chapter 12 | Tease

Nicole

"What are you reading?" An awfully familiar and annoying voice asked as they sat across from me, on the bench I was currently occupying by myself. Except now I wasn't so alone anymore.

I liked to sit down and enjoy the sun for a bit after my classes, before having to go back to my dorm room. Being alone under the sun was my form of therapy when I felt like shit.

Blake was ruining the peace for me. "Naked man on the cover again. Except now he's holding onto a half naked woman. You're nasty."

Rolling my eyes, I bookmarked my spot and set the book down on my lap, giving him an annoyed glance. "That's just how most romance novels look, doesn't mean anything. Not that it's any of your business what I read."

"I bet there's some smut in there, huh?"

My cheeks enflamed. "How do you know that word? It's exclusive to books."

He scooted closer to me and grabbed the book from my lap. Smirking at me, he opened a random page and I tried to snatch it back when I saw that he landed on an actual smut scene. Laughing, he pulled the book away from my grasp and stood up to read the page.

I stood as well, trying to grab my precious book back to no avail.

He was laughing at my struggle. Until he wasn't. Because suddenly he was blushing and pulling his collar away from his neck, looking uncomfortable.

Fuck my life.

Blake handed the book back to me and cleared his throat when I practically ripped it from his hand.

We both didn't say a word after that, and I tucked the book back in my bag to keep it safe from other prying eyes. Now he knew that I enjoyed reading what he did on a daily. One of his favorite activities were something I only ever fantasized about.

He wasn't supposed to know that.

He sat back on the bench and rested his elbows on his knees, interlocking most of his fingers and pressing his index fingers against his lips, holding his chin up with his thumbs. When I paid a bit more attention to him to try and decipher what he was thinking, I noticed the tip of his ears were pink.

For some reason that made me smile. He was actually embarrassed about what he just read. To be fair, the specific scene he just read was one of the more kinky ones.

I wanted to know what he was thinking, but also not really. If I tried to make conversation now, he'd probably brush off his embarrassment and tease me. And I didn't really wanna deal with any of his teasing at the moment.

Without saying anything at all, I stood up and started to walk away to get away from him. Except he had other plans. I only got a few feet away before he stood and caught up to me in a couple strides.

Blake was still quiet as we walked back to our dorm, even as we got inside and he sat on his bed. It wasn't until I got back out from the bathroom and grabbed a water bottle that he finally said something.

"So you do like butt stuff?"

The water I was trying to swallow went up my nose, and I bent over as I coughed it up, pushing him away from me when he came to my "rescue". It took me a few minutes before I caught my composure again and stood straight again to gape at him.

"I didn't choose that book for that scene alone, you weirdo!" I sputtered, feeling my entire face heat up. "No, I don't like butt stuff!"

"Have you even tried it?"

I paused, because no I haven't, but my sex life was none of his business. "I don't like it."

"So you've tried it."