Chapter 9 | Lightweight

Blake

Nicole was five shots in, and she wasn't wrong about being a lightweight. Not that I minded. This was the most attention she'd given me the past month of us being roommates.

She was currently squeezing my bicep, throwing back a sixth shot before burying her face in my chest and letting out the cutest little giggle.

"I feel so gooood."

I chuckled, holding her steady by grabbing her arms and pushing her back to look at her flushed face. Damn. A real lightweight. I've had lightweight friends before, but never this bad.

Her hooded gaze looked up at me and she grinned, pulling the cutest dimples in. It was only the second time I've seen her smile, and already I wanted to see it again. In fact, I didn't think I could ever get tired of seeing it.

Sure I've seen and slept with plenty of beautiful women, and maybe it was the thrill of the chase for one that barely spared me a glance, but I didn't think I've ever desired a woman more. Especially when she allowed me to see those dimples go right into her cheeks as her slightly crooked—yet adorable—teeth made their appearance.

She patted her face as a frown took over. "Do I have something on my face? Oh my, is it my makeup? What's wrong with it?" She continued to have a mini panic attack as she touched every surface of her face.

Chuckling, I grabbed her hands and held them in both of mine as I shook my head at her. "You look fine. Quit worrying."

Her brows deepened. "Then why are you looking at me like that?"

"Because you're beautiful."

The most adorable shade of pink flooded her cheeks as she turned right around to ask Justus for another shot. Clearly not wanting me to see how much I affected her. But if I was learning anything tonight, it was that she was more attracted to me than she let on. That only gave me more motivation to work my charm with her.

I was already trying, but not really.

Giving me a hesitant look, Justus held the bottle away from her, making her whine when he refused to pour her a seventh shot.

"Pour me another, pleeeease!"

He snorted when she tripped over her own foot when she tried to reach for the bottle. Considering he was about half a foot taller than her, I didn't see how she thought that would go. Holding her steady with his free hand, he signaled for me to grab her with a nod of his head.

My pleasure.

Throwing back the last bit of my beer, I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her waist from behind. It was hard to miss the whole body shiver that went through her the moment she felt me behind her. I smirked.

Now that was ego boosting as all hell.

The girl who claimed hated me and despised the idea of rooming with me was actually attracted to me deep down? I was never giving up on having her now.

Rubbing her sides gently, I had to hold back a groan when she let out the softest moan. Goosebumps erupted all over her arms and she gripped the still-empty shot glass as if her life depended on it.

Justus had walked away the second I had her in my arms, and Patricia was busy knocking back shot after shot, using beer as her chaser like an idiot. Tried stopping her, but no one on earth could stop her no matter what. Especially not when she was drunk. She was stubborn as all hell, but she was still my sister and I loved her. Didn't stop me from calling her out on her stupidities, and it also didn't stop her from calling me a dickhead and a walking syphilis.