Chapter 27 | Warming Each Other Up

Blake

A week had passed since the incident and it seemed like Nicole forgot about the incident without fail. She was back to how she was before, and even though I enjoyed getting her attention again, I was struggling to forget. My mind didn't even wanna let go of a millisecond from that memory.

It was hell, especially seeing her in her silk pajama shorts and tank top she wore to sleep. It was as if she was teasing, but I knew she really wasn't. My mind was just always in the gutter with her now.

I knew it was my idea to forget it all even happened, but realistically I knew I wouldn't be able to. I really just didn't want things to be awkward between us. The fact that she was so persistent to avoid me made me feel worse about the whole situation. Sure it was purely my fault and I took full accountability for it, but I was hoping she would've at least enjoyed it a little.

To say that my ego was wounded was an understatement.

It was a whole lot better for her to forget than to avoid me, though. So I was okay with how things were going. If anything, I was just glad she didn't hate me.

Whether she believed that I didn't do it on purpose or not, she didn't show any signs of mistrust. I liked having sex and I had been wanting it with her for a while, but I'd never stoop that low.

Accidents sucked when they seemed like they were done on purpose.

"Hey, Blake," Nicole knocked me out of my thoughts as she set her book down and smiled over at me. "What do you think about getting snacks right now?"

I let one side of my lips tilt up as I nodded. "Sure, let's go."

She beamed, hopping out of bed and slipping on her fuzzy slippers. Her hair was straightened and loose, and as usual, my mind went back to that morning. The way it laid the same way when she was under me.

Expectant, she stood by the door with her phone, wallet, and keycard in hand. Waiting patiently for me to also get out of bed.

Once we were making our way to the vending machines, I noticed her fidgeting with her lanyard. I wasn't sure if it was due to nervousness or if I was overthinking, but I wanted to make sure.

"You okay?"

As if startled out of her thoughts, she flinched a bit as she turned her head towards me. "Hmm?"

I chuckled, "You okay?"

"Oh," she nodded, laughing softly to herself as she moved her gaze to her feet. "Yeah, I'm okay. Just a little cold. I feel dumb for forgetting a sweater."

Feeling the sting from the random cold breeze that hit us, I felt bad for her poor exposed legs in those shorts. Sexy, sure, but I could see all the goosebumps prickling her skin. And she was doing her best to warm herself up by hugging herself and rubbing her arms.

I was cold too, and I actually had sweats on so I could only imagine how cold she was feeling.

With her jaw chattering, she started walking faster and got ahead of me to try and get there quicker. My eyes wandered downward as the silk shorts flowed with the wind and lifted them enough to show the crevice where her ass meets her thighs. Gulping, I quickened my footsteps as well to catch up.

I felt like such a pervert. Hell, I knew I was. But now I felt bad about it.

All I could think about was having her under me again, and it sucked that I knew it would never be an incident that repeated itself. I threw out the pills as soon as she went home to avoid the possibility of it ever happening again.