Chapter 33 | Realizations

Blake

I didn't know how to feel about getting ditched for Pat like I just did. It seemed like she was into me not two seconds ago. But just as fast as she swooned into me, she flew up the stairs with my sister.

Wanting to know what was up, I decided to wait for her to come back down once she was done with whatever she needed with my sister. My arms and legs were crossed as I leaned back against the wall, scanning the crowd.

The party seemed to be a lot more crowded, so much so people could barely make their way around the house.

My eyes bounced around unfamiliar and barely familiar faces, eventually landing on the only other costume that matched mine. Justus was busy sucking faces with a random blonde, and as much as I would like not minding, I knew seeing him would hurt my sister.

With a sigh, I pushed myself off the wall and made my way over to my whore of a best friend.

Years ago he promised to keep my sister out of his whore activities, and I respected him for it. The last thing I needed was for them to sleep together and for her to cry about him for months.

I was a few feet away from the kissing duo when I quickly realized it wasn't Justus at all. The costume was a cheaper material than the one Justus and I had, and he actually had a shirt under.

Feeling weird about almost breaking up a random couple, I turned around and went back towards the stairs. Nicole and Pat were climbing down by the time I made it back.

As expected, Patricia stopped in her tracks when she saw who she also assumed was Justus.

I looked back at them before shaking my head at my sister. "Not Justus, sis."

"Huh?" She looked at me pleadingly, as if waiting for me to say something that wouldn't hurt her.

"Someone else decided to come as Ghostface to the party." I shrugged, making eye contact with Nicole. "Don't blame the guy, it's a classic."

Releasing a long, relieved sigh, she looked at the guy one last time before scanning the crowd of dancing bodies. Most likely looking for Justus.

I had no clue where that man even was. Motherfucker decided to start drinking after I already had more than a few drinks in me. I had no intention of babysitting him unless I was fully sober, which I no longer was.

"Ima go take some fresh air. I'll be back," Nicole spoke up and Patricia nodded, never taking her eyes off the party, her eyes still sweeping over everyone.

Nicole smiled at me as she walked past me and I held back the urge to go after her. Not that Patricia was paying attention, but I didn't need her questioning me right now.

The moment I saw another Ghostface mask walking towards us, I hoped to God it was my dumbass best friend so he could distract my sister for a bit. I really wanted to talk to Nicole.

When the mask was pulled off and Justus smiled at Pat and I, I nodded my head in greeting before asking him to keep an eye on my sister. He didn't question it as I walked off towards the sliding doors at the back of the house, where Nicole walked through. The backyard was off limits to the party for the most part. No drinks were allowed, so mainly everyone stayed indoors where they could drink as much as they wanted.

So she was alone, sitting on one of the lounge chairs, her head angled back to stare up at the sky. When she heard my footsteps nearing her, though, she snapped her attention at me as she positioned herself in a protective stance. She pulled her skirt down and crossed her legs, setting her hands on top of her thighs, making sure there was no gap to look up her skirt.