SIXTEEN

THE POGUES were sitting outside of the Château testing out the winch

THE POGUES were sitting outside of the Château testing out the winch. Kamden and Kiara were sitting in the metal bucket as Pope slowly lowered the winch. JJ was holding the wire as it was wrapped around a tree branch.

"How's it feeling?" Pope asked.

"Feels good." Kiara nodded as she tugged on the wire.

"All right, I'm taking you down."

The bucket hit the ground and Kiara and Kamden stepped out of it. JJ let go of the wire and turned to grab his beer. John B was walking through the trees behind the Château. He had been gone all morning on his fishing trip with Ward.

"John B pullin' a Houdini," JJ remarked as he looked at his friend.

John B ignored JJ and walked towards the Château.

"Hey! Dude I set up the entire winch to pull up the gold and everything." JJ smiled.

"No, he did not. I did that." Pope objected.

John B pushed open the porch door and walked into the small shack.

"John B?" Kamden called.

"What's that all about?" Pope asked.

Kamden walked away from Pope and into the Château.

"I was gonna ask you the same question." JJ followed Kamden into the shack.

John B was searching through cabinets. Throwing items over his shoulder as he moved across the room.

"You all right, man?" Pope asked as he walked into the room.

John B ignored him and continued to ransack the place. Objects clattered as he threw them on the floor.

"What are you look for?" Kamden stepped forward.

John B pushed past her and grabbed a backpack. He quickly unzipped it and pulled out the gun. JJ stepped forward as John B held the gun.

"John B, what do you need the gun for?" He grabbed his arm.

John B spun around and threw JJ against the couch. He walked towards the exit, but Pope stepped in front of him. He grabbed Pope and threw him to the side. Kiara checked on Pope as he groaned.

Kamden followed John B out of the Château. She quickly ran to his side and grabbed his hand. He looked over at her as she placed his hands on his cheeks.

"What are you doing?" She asked softly.

The rest of the Pogues came out of the Château. John B's eyes filled with tears as he looked down at her.

"Did you tell Ward or your mom about the gold?" He asked sternly.

Kamden knitted her eyebrows as she looked up at him.