FOUR

JJ WALKED UP TO THE CHÂTEAU

JJ WALKED UP TO THE CHÂTEAU. Next to the door, there was a piece of paper taped to the siding. It was a DCS summoning report. JJ smirked as banged on the door.

"DCS! I know you're in there!" He yelled.

John B rolled over on the couch. JJ jumped in front of the window and John B jerked upward at the sudden appearance of his friend. JJ laughed as he looked through the window.

"You should've seen your face." He giggled.

John B sighed as he rolled his eyes and opened the door. He glared at JJ as he swung his keys around his finger. JJ held his stomach while he laughed.

"Let's just go." John B sighed.

John B and JJ jumped into the van and started to drive down the highway towards the middle of the island. JJ sighed as he looked at John B.

"I don't understand why you don't at least try with Kamden. She clearly likes you." JJ chuckled. "She's like 'Oh John B!'"

JJ mocked a girly voice. John B glared at him as he talked.

"Is that what she does?"

"She's sketch about you diving, then she kissed you."

John B put up his finger.

"She kissed me on the cheek." He corrected. "Not like we were making out or something."

"Low-hanging fruit, bro." JJ smiled. "Don't pretend that you don't notice. I see it in your eyes and you start blushing and shit."

"I blush?" John B asked his raspy voice.

"Speak of the devil." JJ laughed as he looked out the window.

Kamden was walking up from the beach with her surfboard pressed to her side. Her wet hair was dripping down the side of her bare stomach. A wide smile spread across her face when she saw JJ hanging out the window.

"You can't tell me you don't think that's hot." JJ smacked John B as he pulled the car over.

"Hey," Kamden smiled as she opened the side door.

"Care to join us?" John B asked as he looked out the window.

"You went surfing without us?" JJ asked. "I'm offended."

Kamden rolled her eyes as she stood on the side of the van and strapped her board to the roof. She jumped in the back of the van and closed the door. John B continued to drive. Kamden pulled on her jean shorts and a tank top over her swimsuit. John B continued to drive. She leaned forward and grabbed the compass from the dashboard. John B reacted and tried to grab the object from her.

"Chill, I'm just looking." She assured. "I gotta admit, your father's compass in Scooters boat, that's freaky,"

She ran her fingers over the smooth metal.