TWELVE

KAMDEN PULLED THE VAN up to the Cameron mansion

KAMDEN PULLED THE VAN up to the Cameron mansion. She parked it and looked over at John B. He looked up at a white mansion.

"Welcome to Purgatory." Kamden sighed as she got out of the van.

John B threw his backpack over his shoulder and met her on the other side of the car. He grabbed her waist before she could walk into the house.

"Are you sure your mom's okay with this?" He asked as he looked down at her.

"No," She leaned towards his lips. She placed a quick kiss on his lips before she jumped.

"You gonna give me a bump, big boy?" A voice echoed.

A tall man with long dark hair walked up the driveway and around the side of the house. He didn't even look at Kamden and John B. Kaleb was on the side of the house leaning over his motorcycle as he did a quick line of cocaine. He wiped his nose as he turned around.

"Hey, Barry." He stuttered.

Barry looked around at the mansion.

"It's a nice place to live."

Kamden and John B slowly walked away from the van and around the house. Barry was standing in front of Kaleb.

"How come you got all this nice shit?" Barry pointed at the bike. "You ain't got my money, but you got all this nice shit."

"Hey, man."

Barry stepped towards Kaleb and raised his fist.

"Hey, hey, chill." Kaleb stuttered as he stepped backward.

Barry grabbed Kaleb and pulled him towards the bike. He pressed his arm against the tank. Kaleb's skin sizzled as he yelled in agony. Kamden tried to run towards him, but John B grabbed her waist and pulled her back.

Barry pushed Kaleb away from the bike. He fell on the ground and groaned as he held his arm.

"How's that feel, baby boy?" Barry walked towards the bike. "That's just the coming attractions." He got on the bike and looked down at Kaleb. "Consider this shit your down payment. You got three days."

The engine revved as Barry started the bike. He swerved around the house and out into the street. John B let go of Kamden and she ran to Kaleb. He was curled up into a ball on the ground as he held his wrist. Kamden leaned down next to him.

"Who the hell was that?" She asked.

Kaleb's eye shot open as he looked up at her. He took a deep breath and sat up.

"J-Just someone I owe money." He looked up at his sister. "Don't worry about."

Kamden sighed as she looked at Kaleb. She grabbed his arm and he winced. She looked down at the burn mark.

"You're not as tough as you look." She threw his arm back towards him.

Kamden stood up and left Kaleb on the ground. John B followed her as she walked into the house. She led him upstairs and to an empty room.