TWO

THE BOAT CRUISED SLOWLY on the water

THE BOAT CRUISED SLOWLY on the water. The motel looked like it had been through hell and back. The roof was missing shingles and there was garbage littered all over the front lawn. JJ whistled as he looked at the sight.

"I thought the Château looked bad."

"This placed is a shit show," Kamden added as she leaned on the bow.

"Motel or meth lab?" Kiara remarked.

"You be the judge." Pope sighed.

John B directed the boat to the edge of the grass and got a closer look.

"Doesn't look like a place someone with a Grady-White would stay."

"It looks like a place someone with a Grady-White gets killed," Kamden commented.

JJ leaned over the edge of the boat and jumped onto the grass. He let out a playful yelp as he landed. He pulled the boat in and tied it off. John B and Kamden jumped off the boat next.

"We good?" John B asked.

"Yeah, we good," JJ assured.

"Hey," Pope called after them. "Don't let him do anything stupid."

Kamden sighed as she looked from JJ back to Pope.

"I'm not making any promises."

"Be careful," Kiara called after them.

Kamden smiled at Kiara as the boys ignored her comment. The boys were already halfway up to the motel. Kamden ran to catch up with them. She placed her hands on their shoulders.

"I'm gonna go talk to the front desk, see if they've heard anything." she looked between the boys. "I'll be back, boys."

JJ and John B raced up the stairs while Kamden walked towards the front desk. JJ pulled John B close to him and whispered.

"Just be so careful," he said in a mocking voice. JJ grabbed John B's face and John B pushed him off.

"God, you're so weird." he laughed.

"What was that all about?" JJ asked.

"I don't know, maybe she wants us to be careful." John B referred to Kiara.

"Dude, ever since she heard you're being exiled she has been all over you. She's just been like 'Oh, be so careful, John B. Just give me that John D already." JJ chuckled. "When are you gonna swoop on that, man?"

John B rolled his eyes as he shook JJ's hands off his shoulders.

"Bro, you know the rules no Pogue-on-Pogue mackin'." John B lowered his voice. "What do you care? You're the one who's always hitting on Kam."

JJ smirked.

"Of course I'm hitting on her. She's a super hot, rich chick slumming it with us."

"You know she hates her money, JJ."