FOURTEEN

KAMDEN SIGHED as she rolled over in bed

KAMDEN SIGHED as she rolled over in bed. She opened her eyes as the sun shined through her windows. A tall figure was standing in her door, but she automatically recognized it.

"Hi." She smiled.

John B walked towards her. He leaned over placed a kiss on her lips. Kamden leaned up for another kiss, but John B pulled away. She groaned as she looked over at him.

"What's the plan?" She asked as she yawned.

"We'll melt down the bricks so they're not traceable." Kamden nodded as she brushed her hair out of her face. "Then we'll take it to the pawnshop and after that we're gonna pay JJ's restitution."

"How many bars were down there?"

"I don't know. It was all muddy. It was like 500."

They were soft footsteps outside the door but neither of them heard it.

"500?" Kamden asked.

"600." John B continued.

"600 bars of gold?" She laughed.

"I don't know it could be a thousand." He shrugged. "It was all muddy, but it was everywhere. Five hundred million dollars."

Kamden laughed as she looked at John B.

"That's crazy."

"We did it. We just have to get it out of there." John B leaned towards her and grabbed her face.

He placed a sweet kiss on her lips. Kamden leaned backward as John B climbed on top of her, his cast resting next to her head. She ran her hands through his hair as he deepened the kiss.

"Hey," Ward called from the hallway. Kamden pushed John B off and quickly stood up. Ward walked around the corner of the room and looked at the two kids. "Did you already forget the first rule?"

Kamden got uncomfortable as Ward walked into the room. She looked over at John B.

"Am I interrupting something?" He asked innocently.

Kamden shook her head quickly.

"No, nothing, just the regular...scheming." She gave a forced smile.

"Well, whatever you're planning is going to have to wait a day." John B looked over at Ward. "'Cause I'm taking this kid fishin' tomorrow morning."

John B looked back at Kamden.

"He can't tomorrow." She said bluntly.

"Why not?"

"Well, because we have plans."

"Oh really? What plans are those? Sit by the pool all day?" Ward asked as he crossed his arms.

"No."

"Look, My Druthers needs a first mate, and you need to start making your keep around here, all right?"

John B and Kamden looked at each other.