[3] Crush

Scarlett

Scarlett

“Scarlett” Katniss tapped on my shoulder breaking the train of my thought.

“What?!” I asked caressing my arm.

“If you’re done day dreaming. Let’s go.” She interlaced her hand around my arm and strolled towards the building.

I seriously hate coding but look at my fate. I’m here sitting in computer science class.
I keep on looking at my wrist watch sighing for an umpteenth time now. I just want this class to end.

Bing..!!!!!!!

“C’mon let’s go.” I quickly pack my books and swing my bag over my shoulder. With hurried steps,  I sprint outside the class praying nobody takes the third bench.

People around look at me baffled but I just ignore everyone and walk towards the class. I love this period not because of the subject or the teacher. It’s because M3 is the only subject I share with my crush.

The only class I share with Damon Styles aka my brother’s best friend.

My brother and his squad is THE wanted squad in Winterville high. When they walk in the corridor girls try their level best to get their attention and not to ignore my brother and his friend shamelessly respond to not one but all the girls.

Like all other protective brothers, Jason never allows Damon to get close to me. Why? Cause Damon is charmer and perfect example of playboy.

Whenever Damon tries flirting with me, Jason warns him saying “Not her. She is my little sister dude!”

So, Unofficially Damon is out of my reach.

Here he comes linking his arm with some random girl. As usual he is looking handsome wearing a white full sleeves shirt paired with blue jeans. His eyes shinning with happiness, one positive thing about Damon is – he is fun kind of guy, he always keeps people around him happy. He is cute.

I take a look at girl next to him. Okay, she is Girl no : 3. He has dumped 3 girls from past one month.

“Hye Scarlett…” He winks taking a seat diagonal to me in the second row and now ladies and gentlemen you’ll know why I prefer third row.
I started liking Damon since his last intercollege basketball match. It’s been four months already and I still look at him with heart eyes. I think I’ve passed the phase of crushing.
I don’t know why I like him but I do. He is one reason why college isn't that boring.

“Seriously Scarlett. You came all the way running just to ogle at him.” Kat asked, placing her books on desk with a thud.

I nod my head like a poppet “Isn’t he worth staring.” I whisper scrunching my nose.
She just rolled her eyes.

Damon turned around with his lips curled up on one side, “So Sky —” He begun but was cut off by my villain best friend.
“You don’t get to call her Sky.” She snapped making him raise his hand in air.

“I think I should get rid of this scary girl and your brother before speaking with you.” He said smiling at me.
I lower my head so that my hair can cover my now flushed cheeks.

“..and that’s never gonna happen so back off, she isn’t going to be your pawn.” Katniss said scoffing.

“Pawn? If someone can change me in this college then its only her.” He looked directly into my eyes for few seconds and then turned around.

I felt like the entire world around me has come to halt. Not because of Damon’s confession but because these are the same words someone had told me before and left me without a proper goodbye.

I don’t believe in such words. I don’t believe guys.
I kept staring at some distant place with my mind blank. Lecturer was doing some integration topic but none was going inside my head. All my thoughts preoccupied by Xavier.

How does he still have power to destroy me like this. I was sure my entire day was going to pass like this, with me sulking about my one sided love.
Xavier meant world to me. I loved him more than I could ever express.

“Scarlett. Will you please help me pass this subject.” Damon asked plopping his elbow on my desk and looking at me eagerly.

Damon always reminds me of Xavier. Every word he speaks and most of his actions are similar to Xavier.

●○●○ flashback ●○●○

“Scar...” Xavier shouted running in my direction.

“Shit! How many times should I tell you not to call me Scar.” I replied adjusting my specks.

Yea, I know what everyone of you are thinking. I used to wear specks earlier cause I had migraine.

“Please help me pass M1...” He begged giving me his best puppy eyes. I smiled at his cuteness.

“10 box of Ferrero Rocher.” I asked raising an eye brow.
I love chocolates!

“Deal babe. Deal” He winked wrapping his hand around my shoulder.
“My place at 6 then.” I ask looking around. Xavier has this weird habit of always holding me close to him. He doesn’t have any idea how my heart beat accelerates every time he pulls me closer to him.

●○●○●○●○

“Earth to Scarlett…” Damon voice interrupted my thoughts when he flickered his finger in front of my eyes.
“Yes”

“Yes for what? Are you going to help me with M3” He asked with a pout.

“Yeah okay.”
“Thank you so much” He said wrapping his hand around my waist and giving me a bear hug.

Umm.. He smells so good.

“What the hell are you doing.” Oh I know this voice. How can I forget it’s my brother.

Damon cursed under his breath and sighed, he pulled away from me and turned to face my angry brother “Dude, it was friendly hug. She is going to help me in studying and I was thanking her.”

My brother raised an eyebrow asking me for explanation. He has become my dad ever since Xavier has left. He never allows any guy close to me.
“Don’t compare Damon to Xavier” I stated cause I know Jason was comparing Damon and Xavier and like I said they are a lot alike making Jason very concerned about leaving me close to Damon.

“And you don’t take that rascals name in front of me.” He shouted clenching his jaws and fisting his palm. He is over protective towards me. He has seen me going through hell.

“Mom and dad are coming today so please change your mood.” Saying this I hopped inside the car.

“How about we get you some ice cream.” Jason asked trying to change my mood. He ruffled my hair and mouthed sorry.

My brother is best.
“Strawberry and chocolate.” I answered looking towards window.

❤..