Chapter 50: My Bad

Start from the beginning

"How am I supposed to react when I see my fiancee in another mans arms" he says as he brushes his hair back making me scoff at his response. I can't believe that he just said that, trying to move the blame onto me. "Why the fuck you gotta look so weak in front of the competition?" He questions me as he kisses his teeth making me glare at him.

"You're the one who kicked me off the table" I comment with my arms folded firmly across my chest. If this is anyone's fault it's his fault for leaving me alone with JB.

"Because that manager kept looking at you I couldn't have a proper meeting with him" he comes up with an excuse making me roll my eyes at him. Just looking at him makes me feel sick, makes me just want to put my hand in a fist and punch him in the face for being so stupid.

"Then there was no point me coming" I say as I throw my arms up in the air pissed off at him for making me believe that this was a couple thing. I was really excited to be let in on the family business but now I dont even want to be part of it.

"There was, you supposed to be my wife, you were supposed to intimidate them not fucking flirt with them" he accuses me catching me off guard. I gasp at his accusation surprised that he actually said that to me. Who did I flirt with honestly?

"I didn't flirt with anybody-"

"Oh so you just let random men touch you then yeah?" He cuts me off and questions making me go silent. I wasn't flirting with JB I didn't even notice his hand on my face. "What? Are you a whore or something?" He scoffs as he looks me up and down with a look of disgust on his face. I pause and just glare at him, when did he become so brave?

"Do you know what, fuck you! Fuck you and your nasty ass attitude! I  don't fucking need this stress" I shout at him catching him off guard, I've never exploded and especially not in front of him but I can't let this one slide. If he knew the things that I could do to him he wouldn't insult me.

"Nina chill for fucks sake I didn't mean-"

"Don't bother looking for me, I'm going to Sarah's" I interrupt him not in the mood to listen to his stupid voice. I open my car door and slam it before driving off and he doesn't even do anything to stop me.

Next morning

"Are you gonna tell me what happened?" Sarah asks me as we walk into the office together. I stayed at her house last night and she didn't ask me a single thing I guess she was just letting me cool down. But I still haven't cooled down so theres no point in her asking because I still wont answer.

"Nope" I respond.

"Oh come you, you and Miles are the it couple you never fight so what's brought this up?" She asks making me sigh. Shes right me and Miles have never had a fight, we've never disagreed we always see eye to eye.

"Why isn't Ms Beckinsale on my list?" I ask as I look at my schedule for the day. Normally I see Ms Beckinsale first thing in the morning but someone has marked her off my list.

"Oh yes I've taken her, another client wants to see you" Lyon answers me making me look at him confused. What new client? New clients always go to Lyon first and then he sees which psychiatrist is the best for the client. I walk into my office but its empty, no one is here.

"So this is where you've been hiding"

JB's POV:

"So this is where you've been hiding" I say to her making her jump dropping her bag on the floor. I pick up her bag for her and place it on the table as I walk up to her to see her reaction. She begins to back away from me with a startled look on her face. I'm not trying to intimidate her, I'm not trying to threaten her I just want to talk to her. I couldn't sleep all night I was thinking about her, trying to figure out how and why she would do this to me but I couldn't come up with an answer which is why I'm here now.

"Oh my you scared the life out of me" she forces a smile trying to act like she was frightened by me suddenly walking up to her and not frightened by the fact that I came back here to see her. I know she doesn't want to see me but I just want answers I want her to say it herself that shes Maze.

"I thought there was no life in you left" I comment as I give her smirk making her gulp. She pours herself a glass of whisky catching me off guard.

"Listen here sir I've already told you, I'm not who you think I am" she says to me the same old bullshit. Before I believed her but now there is nothing that she can say that'll make me believe that she is not Maze. I can see it in her eyes, she might be denying it with her mouth but her eyes be saying a different story.

"Yeah and I believed you the first time I thought to myself, my Maze would never break my heart like that" I say to her as I slowly walk up to her looking deeply into her eyes. She downs the whisky before darting her head down avoiding eye contact with me. "I guess you would" I add as I lift up her chin so she can look me in the eyes, so she can see how much she has hurt me, so she can see that there is no more life in my eyes.

"I'm not-"

"Ok let's say you are Nina Brown, how has life been?" I cut her off before she can sell me that bullshit again. I sit down on one of her sofas and cross my legs trying to look like I care about the boring life of Nina Brown.

"This is not how this works I ask you the questi-"

"My life has been shit, did drugs, drank alcohol, got rejected for every job interview" I interrupt her again trying to quicken the process and avoid her selling me any bullshit. I can see the sad look in her eyes, the guilt that shes been carrying as the tears build up in her eyes. She has a right to know how I've been suffering whilst shes been playing happy familys.

"Oh I'm sorry to hear" is all she can say not even looking me in the eyes making me sigh.

"I recently got kicked out of my best friend Mark's house, his girlfriend hates me since she's pregnant and all"  I add waiting to see her reaction at the mention of Mark's name. She pauses for a while and stares at the floor looking lost. I dont know whether I should be jealous that she has a reaction when I mention Mark but avoids me when I'm talking about myself.

"He's having a child?" She questions as she looks up at me with a small smile on her face making me scoff. Is she for real, is she really smiling at me right now?

"Yeah but don't worry you're still his hunty"  I comment with a little smirk on my face making her roll her eyes at me causing me to smile. I'm glad that she hasn't lost her sassy attitude. I look at her waiting to hear her comment but she doesn't, she just pours herself some more whisky making me sigh.

"I erm I-"

"You seem to stutter alot nowadays, what is it? Your boyfriend got your tongue?" I ask her as I get up from the sofa and begin to walk towards her with my hands in my pocket. She puts down her glass of whisky the moment she realises what I'm doing making me smile. She doesn't back away from me she just stands there frozen. Seeing her frozen like that makes me just want to grab her by the neck and slam her against the wall. And that's exactly what I do.

"You need to stop" she says to me as I stare down at her lips watching them quiver. I smile down at her as she finally let's the that tear that was building up in her eye fall down her cheek. I dont even feel guilty because it's no where near the pain she put me through.

"Give me one good reason why" I respond to her still pinning her down with my hand firmly on her neck. She looks up at me with her red eyes and for the first time I see the anger and hate in her eyes.

"I, I don't deserve you" she finally speaks up making me sigh.

"No you don't but I don't care" I tell her still looking down at her plumped lips. I crush my lips on to hers as I lift her up and place her gently on her desk, I begin to kiss her neck as I unbutton her blouse revealing her white bra making me stop. She slaps me across the face making me pin her down and climb on top of her as I leave hickeys on her boobs. I unzip her trousers then lick the lower part of her stomach up to her boobs making her release a moan. I begin to suck the top of her vagina making her wrap her legs around me causing me to smile.

"Nina oh shit sorry" her boss walks in making her push me off her and fall behind her desk covering her chest.

"My bad"