Chapter 4: Quiet

Maze POV:

"Some people may argue that being nostalgic is a weakness for every human being, I on the other disagree with this statement however its not about what I think it's about your opinion on the matter, which is why I want you to write me up a 3000 word essay on whether you agree or disagree" Mr Kim my favourite English teacher explains. I watch him in awe as he swiftly glides towards his desk where he picks up his teaching stick and begins pointing at the board. He looks quite young to be a teacher but rumours say that he is at least 30 meaning there is no way I have a chance with a man like him.

"But sir what does that have to do with our topic on Power and Fear?" One of the students asks and she is right, I dont understand how writing about nostalgia relates to  Power and Fear but I would never say that to his face though.

"Ms. Walker, last time I checked I was the teacher with the stick in his hand" he answers back then hits his hand with the stick causing it to snap in half. The whole room is filled with roar of laughter as sir begins to nervously chuckle. "Ok so i guess I'm just a teacher now" he smiles and my heart flutters. "Ok class dismissed"

Everyone gets up from their seats and begins packing their bags before darting straight out of the classroom but for me I take my time and admire the handsome and intelligent man try to fix his stick. That sounds wrong.

"Ms. Moore why is it you're always the last person to leave the classroom?" He asks me as he leans onto his desk making my palms begin to sweat.

"I like to take my time sir, I have no one waiting for me and no one to meet up with so I dont care" I shrug my shoulders as I stuff my pencil case back into my bag. It's not that I don't have friends, I do have friends but i dont feel close enough to them to tell them all my secrets.

"Sounds as if you are throwing shade at someone" he cocks up an eyebrow and and gives me his half smirk. He isn't wrong, I am throwing shade at someone, my brother he never picked me up from Church school from the ages of 6 to 10. I wonder who used to pick me up when I was younger.

"Dude Namjoon I've been calling you for hours JB-"

"Bambam can you not see that I have company right now" Mr. Kim interrupts the tall man who has silver hair and grey eyes. He too is handsome, wearing black ripped jeans, a black shirt and one earring dangling down his ear.

"Oh sorry" he apologises bringing me back to reality. I smile at the man then Mr. Kim before opening the classroom door and slowly closing it behind me. "Isn't that JB's girl? Wow he's making you look-"

"Hey Maze where have you been?" Lis comes running towards me and grabs my arm forcing me to link arms with her. Lis is what you would call my best friend I guess, she tries to make me feel better but sometimes she is the reason I'm upset.

"I was talking to sir" I mutter then remove my arm from her link making her frown at me.

"Why you do that" she whines trying to force me to link up with her arm again.

"Because I know you're only doing that to get closer to Dre" I respond then begin to quicken my pace making my way to Dre who is leaning by the lockers watching me and Lis. I know Lis would never pick me up from class unless Dre is there so she can make it look like she is the best friend in the world.

"She using you again?" He asks me as I place my textbooks in his locker.

"Yep"

"Why are you still friends with her?"

"I dunno" I respond then begin to walk towards the library so I can start doing my essay. We all have that one friend that annoys us a lot but we can't get rid of them because we have history.