Chapter 14: 10 Million

JB POV:

When I sleep it's the only time my mind is at rest. I'm not stressing about tomorrow and I don't give two fucks about today. I can dream about the good old days were I didn't have to stress about people trying to kill me, where I didn't have to worry about people not paying me my drug money and where I was just a normal human  being. The night has always been my favourite time of day, I used to wander around when I was younger I just always felt safer in the night which is quite funny because most people die at night. When I was a teen I made a plan for me and Maze, I wanted us to visit South Africa because I heard the stars at night were so beautiful especially on the mountains. One day I'll take her there when all of this has calmed down. And when she realises that I'm the person who cares about her the most.

For the first time in years... I can't sleep. I turn, I twist, I shuffle, I flip but nothing I can't seem to fall into my deep sleep. Why is this? Why can't I sleep? Is it because I'm stressed but that's never stopped me before. Maybe it's my subconscious playing with me. Ah fuck I'm going to get some hot milk, I've heard that drinking hot milk helps you sleep it's weird that I have to try all of these weird remedies to help me sleep.

I get out of my bed and put on my black silk gown then tuck in my gun into my shorts, always gotta be alert. I  leave my room and walk past Maze's room and to my surprise her door is half open. That's weird she never leaves her door open, it's always closed shut. Maybe one of the boys went to check on her and forgot to close it behind them. Her and Mark are beginning to get closer nowadays which kind of hurts me and annoys me because I know how much Mark hates her family. I walk towards her door to close it but then I smell something quite unusal forcing me to open the door wide.

"Who the fuck are you?" I whisper to the dark figure with a black ski mask on, trying my best not to wake up Maze. He stands still and looks at me then looks down at Maze. "Oh hell nah, if you want her you gotta go-"

He rushes towards me and punches my face.

"At least lemme finish my sentence" I roll my eyes at him then throw a punch but he quickly ducks and dodges it. He grabs my neck forcing me to kick his dick causing him to let go of me. I grab the back of his neck and slam his head on the wall then stand back and watch him fall onto the floor.

"JB? What's going on?" I hear Maze's tired voice ask. I didn't want to wake her up but it was bound to happen anyways.

"Don't mind me it's just me and Bambam messing around" I lie to her as I hold down the man on the floor. But Maze being Maze becomes curious and starts to crawl outta bed. "No Maze stay there!"

"Why? I just need the toilet" she shrugs her shoulders as she leaps out of bed. As I get distracted watching her walk towards the toilet the man pulls out a knife and tries to stab me. He swings at me scratching my brow reminding me that I have a gun in my shorts. I pull out the gun and shoot him in the knee making Maze gasp.

"Oh my gosh you shot Bambam!" She shrieks then rushes to turn on the light. The man falls onto the floor clutching onto his knee and crying whilst I try to figure out how to calm Maze down. "That's not Bambam" she looks down at the man confused. "JB what is going on?"

"I just tried to kidnap you honey" the bleeding man exclaims as he tries to stop the bleeding in his knee. I kick him frustrated at the fact that that he spoke to her in that manner. Maze backs away from me and the man then grabs a blanket near her to cover her body.

"Erm JB I don't feel safe anymore" she murmurs making me feel even more angry at the man on the floor. I pull up the gun again and face it to him prepared to shoot him in the head, how dare he pull up to my house and threaten my people... threaten my Maze.