48.

CHRIS POV

Opening my eyes I looked around to see I was still at Jada's place. Realizing I looked on my chest to see it was empty. That's when I sat up looking around. Hearing soft noises I looked over to the crib. Gianna was soundly asleep in her own space. Releasing a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

Hearing voices I walked closer to the door.

"You remember that guy I sent there last week? Well he was feeling you!" A voice said.

"Chas I already told you... I'm not interested. I'm still trying to focus to on being a good mom" Jada said.

"I understand. But he won't stop talking about you" she said.

Chas better leave it all alone. Jada doesn't need anyone... but me!.

"I bet. But I'm not ready" Jada said. Good girl!.

"Well I told him this already and he understood. No pressure! But when we go out later he will be there" she said.

"Of course he will!" Jada said. Oh hell no!.

Opening the door so she knew I was walking out "let me FaceTime you back later". She turned to me "well look who finally woke up?!".

"I was tired! Who was that?" I asked.

"Chas... anyway thanks for putting Gianna to sleep" she said.

I nodded "Umm hey how about you both come over to my place tonight? We can have dinner and just relax".

She raised her brow "ooo tonight? Can't. Going out with Chas".

"Yeah I heard. But I think it'll be better if you came to hang out with me. You can play sleep over. Have Gianna test out her grandma's crib" I said.

Titling her head "cute. But I'm busy".

I shrugged "can't say I didn't try".

"You tried alright... you think i don't know you overheard my conversation with Chas? Come on now!" She said.

"Either way. I would enjoy that you and our daughter come and hang out tonight. There's really no need for you to be out and about" I said.

She smiled "you know since you want to spend time with Gianna. I'll leave her with you tonight. You wanted her to come over, right? So here's your chance. I'll pick her up when I'm done".

Damn this is backfiring.

"Um... sure... okay" I said.

"You don't sound too sure. Unless you can't handle it" she said.

"No I'm her father. I can handle our daughter" I said.

She smiled "good. Let me go pack a bag. Also make a list on how to make the bottle". Watching her walk away from me. Hold up? What just happened.

Moments later she handed me the baby bag "here you go!". Putting the bag over my shoulder "I'll help you to the car. Gianna was in her arms with her jacket on.

In the elevator I glanced at Jada who was looking at the numbers lighting up as we do down. She moved her hair out her face. She must've felt me staring cause she side eyed me "can you not stare at me? You know I hate that!".

"Can't help it" I said.

The doors opened up and we walked out to the parking lot. She placed Gianna in her car seat making sure she's buckled in. "I'll call you when I'm on my way". I nodded. She waved at the window.

Soon as I pulled off she started crying "here we go".

                                            •

JADA POV

Walking into the restaurant I spotted chad along with her friend. I walked to the table and sat down "hey".

Chas smiled "I'm happy you came".  She hugged me. Her friend sat there just smiling "I'm not going to be rude. Hey!".

He nodded "nice to see you again".

"I didn't know you knew Chas personally" I said.

He shrugged "our families know each other".

"Ohhh ok. Makes sense" I smiled. The vibe I got from him wasn't creepy but just chillin. The night was peaceful. Unlike when Paula was here I was usually on edge.

An hour later my phone went off "hello?!".

"Jada? Gianna won't stop crying!!! I don't know what else to do" Chris said.

"She could be wet, hungry, maybe she wants you to hold her" I said.

Hearing Gianna crying in the background "I've tried all of that. Nothing is working! She won't stop crying!".

Rolling my eyes mentally "Chris if you're in a panic it won't help the situation. Try and relax!". Hearing him breathe "okay you're right!".

"But I've tried everything and she won't stop! I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong!" He said.

I sighed cause I couldn't hear her cry any longer. Ending the call I turned to chas "I have to go. Baby problems".

She pouted "okay!". Getting up I walked out the place. Quickly getting into my car I sped. Making it to his house in record timing. Walking inside I still heard Gianna crying. Seeing him trying to walk around with her "give her to me". He handed her over and she stopped. Instantly. Chris was mind blown. "Are you serious?".

I smiled "baby girl missed her momma".

Chris ran his fingers through his hair "wow!".

Sitting in the couch with her in my arms. Chris day on the opposite end "I thought I was ready. But I'm not".

"Chris you need to spend more time with her. So she gets to know you. Once that happens you'll have no problem with her alone" I said.

"This is why I invited you along tonight but you rather hang out with Chas and that dude" he said.

"Aww someone sounds jealous" I joked

"I'm not jealous. But the father of your child wanted to relax and hang out with you and our daughter. We could've had a family night" he said.

I laughed "family night? Far from an actual family".

"Jada you know what I mean" I said.

"I also hope you wasn't acting either. Just so you could get me to leave my outing early" I said. He got defensive "wow I can't believe you think I would do that".

"Chris I don't put it pass you. Especially since you had issuers when you over heard my conversation" I said.

He smiled "now younger Chris would e done that. But I'm older now with responsibilities... I don't have time for that kind of thinking".

I rolled my eyes " responsibilities? All of sudden".