21.

JADA POV

Seeing paula's brother walking into the bowling alley

Seeing paula's brother walking into the bowling alley. He smiled and winked at me. Not showing any type of interest when he did that. Paula nudged me "oh stop".

"What? I'm just moody" I lied.

"Yeah okay!" She said.

Paula greeted her brother with a hug "I invited Jada to come along. She needs some time out". Her brother looked over her shoulder at me "that won't be an issue".

He took a seat next to me "hey Jada, how are you?".

I shrugged "I could be better".

He nodded "wish I could make your day better".

Raising my brow "trust me, you don't have to. I'm good. Just trying to have a better end to my day". Paula came with the ugly bowling shoes "I got one for all of us!".

"Jada have you ever bowled before?" He asked.

"Nope, never" I said. Both Paula she him seemed overly surprised.  Not for nothing but bowling was never a thing for me. Wasn't interested to try it. "Wow you missed out" Paula said.

"Nah Sis Don't worry I'll teach Jada how to bowl" her brother smiled.

"And he's the best at it. So you're lucky" she said.

Looking around "I'm hungry. You guys bowl and have a good time and I'll eat". Moments later I was sitting with about four different plates in front of me. Paula and her brother were enjoying themselves. But my mind couldn't get off of Chris. This was the problem.

"Do you mind?" He asked grabbing a fry off of my plate.

"Rude. I don't know where your hands been" I said.

"Bowling..." he winked. If he winks at me one more time..."you should try bowling".

"Nah I'm good. You guys seem to be having a good time" I said. He nudged me "come on I'll show you".

I sighed cause it seems as if he won't leave me alone unless I do this... "fine". He helped me up and we walked over to the lane. He was explaining to me how it works and what to do. Paula sat down and watched us.

"Alright so maybe you should take this ball since it's not so heavy" he said.

He handed me the ball and said "go for it". Feeling a little stupid because I have never done this. Letting the ball roll from my arms and down the lane. It went straight down the middle hitting all pins down.

He smiled "and you have a strike".

"Okay? Is that good?" I asked.

"Very good" he said.

Paula cheered "you go girl".

Feeling a little accomplished that I actually tried something... it felt good. We all sat down so they could eat as well.

"Jada how far along are you?" He asked.

"Far... the pouch is here. But I'm still in the early months though. But in the middle" I said.

"Are you excited about having a baby?" He asked.

I shrugged "it's mixed feelings".

"Her baby daddy is causing her issues so she goes in and out of happiness" Paula said.

"Wow that's crazy. No man who impregnates a girl should be causing her any type of stress. It's not good for her or the baby" he said.

"Paula can you stop telling people my business..." I warned.

"I mean he asking all these questions so might as well give him the back story too" she said.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to over step boundaries" he said.

After we had a nice time her brother decided to drive us back. Well in Paula's car of course. "Drop off Jada first". He did exactly that. Pulling up to my place he put the car in park "well jada it was nice seeing you again".

I smiled "yup, Paula thank you for inviting me".

She nodded "no problem that's what friends are for". Trying to open my door he noticed and jumped out to open it for me "there you go". I stood up "thank you".

"Let me be a gentleman and walk you to your door" he said.

"You don't have to" I said.

"But I want to" he smiled. Looking through my bag for my keys as we both walked up to my door. Glancing at her brother he was all smiles. Finally finding the keys I smiled "well thank you for being a gentleman".

"For you? That isn't a problem" he smiled.

I nodded "yeah sure".

"Jada can I say something real quick. If Chris decides to not step up... give me a call. I'll take his place with no hesitation" he said. Lord!.

"Umm..." I wasn't sure what to say. He caught me off guard with that one. "It's okay you don't have to respond. But as long as you know".

"What the fuck is going on here?!" I heard a very angry familiar voice. We both turned to see an angry Chris glaring at Paula's brother.

Great. There goes my quiet ending to a nice night.