45.

JADA POV

( a month later)...

Chris mom has been here everyday this week. I've been working from home since giving birth. Chris on the other hand... well... he's been trying to be around. Now would I trust him alone with Gianna? No.

"Look how comfy she looks all wrapped up. Well she was wrapped up. Until she got loose" his mom said.

[lets pretend

[lets pretend...]

"She wasn't for the wrapping. That right there told me she's a free spirited soul" I joked. His mom laughed "she's so precious!".

"Thank you for helping out even though you don't have to" I said.

"Jada, Gianna is my granddaughter. I want to be here for her" she said.

"Now only if your son would do the same" I said.

She gave me a small smile "I hope he comes around soon. I mean he's trying but it's not enough. At times I wonder where his head is at".

Glancing back at Gianna napping on the cushion. Made me a little sad for her. I could only do so much as a mom. With me not having mom it's hard to know if I'm doing things right.

His mom left and it just me. Getting my laptop I started to continue working. Sitting close to where she was sleeping. Chasity sent me an email containing the work I had to finish up. Not wanting to see Paula, I had chasity get the work for me.

Hearing a soft knock on my door "come in". Chris opened the door "hey!". I quieted him down "she's napping". He peaked to see where she was "damn I wanted to spend time with her!".

"Sorry! Your mom just put her to sleep before she left" I said.

He joined me on the couch "how's work?".

I shrugged "it's work..."

"Do you think I can take Gianna alone?" He asked.

Turning to him "Chris... really? No! She's too young". He sucked his teeth "oh come on, Jada!".

"No not happening! You are more than welcome to come here and see her. But as far as that... no" I said.

"How about you come over with her? I have the crib set up and all" he said.

"Nah I'm good. But as she gets older then my tune might change" I said. His phone went off which woke up Gianna. She started crying. Great. Getting up I went to get her. Cradling her in my arms I gave Chris a mean look. He shrugged "sorry?!".

He put his phone on silent "let me hold her". Placing her in his arms. Making sure she was okay. I sat back down on the couch. Chris sat next to me "look how good I am with her".

"Chris the answer is no. Don't ask me again" I warned.

"Just like how you didn't put my last name on hers... what is that about? Are you going to change that?" He asked.

"Chris you weren't there when I gave birth to her. Nor did you answer your phone. What if something medically went wrong? You weren't there. So they showed me you don't deserve that right to carry on that last name. When she's older if she wants to change it she's more than welcome" I said.

"Ridiculous. And stupid! All this mess because your bitter about what happened before" he said.

"I have a baby to think about. What happened in the past it stays there. I'm just making sure my daughter doesn't get hurt in all of this" I said.

"Our daughter" he corrected me.

"Whatever..." I mumbled.

"Don't worry. Gianna is good. I would never intentionally hurt her" he said.

"Actions speak louder than words. Remember that" I said.

"I see this isn't going anywhere" he sighed.

"Nope" I said.

He played with Gianna for a few more minutes and handed her back to me "I'll maybe come by tomorrow if work isn't too crazy".

"Yup" I said.

He sighed and walked out. Shaking my head cause he's too much. Gianna was just staring at me "I know, I know he's an idiot. But that's your dad for you". I guess work will have to wait until she's sleeping later.